• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-Zero Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
What do you guys think? So far, Nintendo has really taken advantage of this system. For there popular games anyway. Almost all of there popular franchises have been online.

Pokemon Battle Revolution - Online
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Online
Mario Kart Wii - Online

In fact, the only popular game franchise to not have online that I can think of is Metroid Prime. Although, Hunters makes up for that in its own little way. So what do you think? Will the next F-Zero be WiFi compatible? And would it be a nice addition? Post your inputs here and discuss.

Ghoul555

Smash Rookie
I don't know, I think the Wii is a bit too weak to handle F-Zero online. Mario Kart Wii's online runs nicely but F-Zero wouldn't feel like F-Zero without 30 racers at once.

Also, unless they add weapons or items (which would kill the game), multiplayer might be kind of boring or unforgiving, for example crashing into a wall might cause you placing last because of not being able to catch up unless all your opponents mess up as well.

And lastly, every button on the Gamecube controller was used for GX, so they'd have to simplify the game to support the Wiimote.

ravenhats

Smash Cadet
I don't know they could do what they did in Fero-X for multi player where they only 4 racers max on a course at a time. I think though it would be amazing to have all racers on the course at once or at least 10 or more. Why F Zero (or at least X I haven't played too much multi in GX) I think is so fun for a huge multi is the fact they have good balance and it is so risky to attempt rushing. If they a bunch of dead people with slots I think it might make the game interesting.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Also, unless they add weapons or items (which would kill the game), multiplayer might be kind of boring or unforgiving, for example crashing into a wall might cause you placing last because of not being able to catch up unless all your opponents mess up as well.
Well, I remember F-Zero GX had a very cleverly-hidden rubberband AI system in one-player and they also had the option of a catchup mode in multiplayer, so they could implement that for online?

I'm sure since MKWii can handle 12 players, F-Zero can as well. I've played Wipeout Pulse (PSP game - apologies for the offtopic) online against a full field of racers and that was mayhem even without the weapons - and the PSP handled that perfectly fine. THE PSP.

the Wii can easily handle 12 or more opponents online.

We'd have to wait for Nintendo to announce the game first though, before we'd really find out, which sucks. I love F-Zero.

degypr

Smash Cadet
Maybe not 30 since it's probably too much to ask for but at least around 15 and I would be happy.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
F-Zero for the Gamecube only allowed 4 players. So I played 1v1 player races quite often. Unless we played with coms. Which still developed into a 1v1 most of the time anyway. I can see this game getting online and having a workable online capability. Hopefully it'd work the same way as Mario Kart but I'm sure that some new additions would be touched up to the game as well as some changes. I think the next F-Zero has already been announced to have online from what I heard, but I don't know 100% yet so don't quote me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom