• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (what did you think)

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Who here remembers it, much less played it? I do. Played it on GBA and beat it 6 years later on Wii (Homebrew FTW).

Basically, what did you think of it?

Black_ShadowAX

Smash Rookie
Well to be quite honest F-Zero Maximum Velocity was a solid sequel to F-Zero for those who didn't like the game play direction of F-Zero X but however it is a easily forgettable title in the series.

The game also lacks the original 4 pilots and machines that started the series, and the game is also a non-canon reboot as well with the sole purpose of proving that Mode 7 could look and play better on the GBA than SNES.

Note I like it, but the game is out classed by F-Zero X, F-Zero Climax, & F-Zero GX.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Well, it had a Blue Falcon MK II with a guy claiming to be the son of Falcon...

It's non-canon? Where is that said? After all, the game takes place many years (maybe decades) after the first F-Zero. The originals have since retired.

Well of course, a Mode 7 F-Zero game is going to be outclassed by the full 3D outings. Though I know little of F-Zero:Climax (what is that game).

Black_ShadowAX

Smash Rookie
Yes Maximum velocity is non canon like GP legends and Climax. Cause it does not mention a huge accident that lead to to the banning of F-Zero grand Prix races, and does not mention the reformation of rules and F-Zero X is also ignored in this time frame. It's basically a GBA version of the original F-Zero.

F-Zero Maximum Velocity takes place 25 years after the first F-Zero however no pilots from the X Grand Prix are mentioned and the X Grand Prix itself didn't even take place according to this game.

F-Zero Climax the BEST 2D F-Zero period, in Fact after you play this you will have almost no reason to play GP Legends or Maximum Velocity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCpJRGDmJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3j6hlpVYF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2mb1u1yLhI

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Not mentioning things doesn't mean previous events never happened. Unless something stated contradicts something previously established, their is no reason to render it non-canon.

Hmm. Interesting. But I have fond middle school memories of MV (just as I have fond elementary memories of the first game) so I can't see Climax replacing my love for Classics.

Though does Climax have stupid Rubber Band AI like Maximum Velocity?

Top Bottom