• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F Throw Buffering/ Chain Grabbing

Mobius7

Smash Rookie
I think that a straight up grab dedicated thread would be a boon to all those ZSS related. I could certainly use a little more help perfecting just a basic consistent buffered f throw. I've yet to find a consistent list of confirmed chars susceptible to a useful and reliable buffered f throw and the grab release chain is incredibly circumstantial so I've put less effort into perfecting that.

Anyway, to the heart of this thread. To buffer the f throw it's the final two frames or so to begin the dash and grab inputs, but even practicing in training without DI I have trouble consistently landing a chain of more than two or so on most characters. Falco, DDD, MK, and Snake are all characters I've worked in a competitive setting with competent opponents.

Chain grabbing? Anything? I don't know the frame count for buffering the dash to grab after the release or anything really.

This technique is really the last one I've yet to put into hard practice and use due to my distaste for grabs *wince* and any help would be wonderous. Thank you ZSS smashers.

EDIT: I somehow missed the entire thread in the resource center. consider this dead then. I apologize.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
no problem!

the buffering is tough... the f-throw is so fast, you're almost double tapping forward (first to say f-throw, then to buffer the dash). it's really that fast. in fact, you'll find a sort of rhythm... tap . tap .... tap . tap .... tap . tap .... etc, first tap is f-throw, second tap is buffer, wait for grab, f-throw/buffer, so on.

just experiment with tapping the dash (without trying to buffer the grab) to see at what point during the animation the dash gets buffered. Once you're used to that, then try to hit the grab button fast enough that you don't buffer a shield.

good luck!

Top Bottom