• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-smash

Kimble

Smash Rookie
There is a pestilence plaguing the inexperienced marth community, and it is the f-smash. Newer players (myself included) abuse the move because the tipper can kill at insane percentages, but it can reach a point where the only move a player ever uses is the f-smash, and the match becomes boring and infuriating. I just played a set of marth dittos with my brother, and it was just f-smash, f-smash, f-smash all over the freaking place. It was ridiculous. I am trying to punish his ignorance with dash dance grabs, but he won't punish me, and my terrible habit still persists. How can I learn to stop using this move whenever I please? In a 2 minute match I am using it at least 20 times!
The insanity must be stopped. I need a cure, and all the lower level marths all across the world need a cure too.

Also, unrelated question, if I can't catch the evo stream live, where can I watch it afterwards?

Thanks

AirFair

Marth tho
I'm sure you can watch the past broadcasts on twitch. No idea where it will uploaded though.

Just don't use fsmash for awhile. Figure out what it's best uses are for and just don't use it until you know why and how it is good. Basically, just don't fsmash anymore in your play.

In neutral in marth dittos, you can dtilt grab, or dtilt and wait for him to fsmash. Just bait him and use fthrow and uthrow to combo him.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I had SO MUCH trouble moving away from fsmashing. Honestly, I'm with AirFair. Just straight up avoid using it most of the time. If you need a way to knock them back, try a SH fair. Run Canceled dtilts work super well, too. I found that a lot of options opened up for me once I started getting into the concept of grabbing to start combos. Another thing that may help is just learning to WD. In my own personal Marth experience, learning to WD, largely as a positioning and edgeguarding technique, can help a ton to move away from fsmashing.

Other than that, try watching some of the pros (mostly PewPewU, PPMD, and M2K) and emulate their play styles.

cdb813

Smash Rookie
What helped me stop using Fsmash was learning to SHFFL F-airs. Its alot easier to do with the A button instead of the cstick and once I learned how to do it consistently it broke my habit of spamming Fsmash

Last edited:
Top Bottom