• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Smash "tip" & Rocket Hammer

aeota

Smash Cadet
During my recent multis, I've been noticing that DDDs F-smash has a 'tip' on it, like Marth's sword, only a bit larger. Basically, if you miss the tip, they take less damage and don't have much knockback (it usually sends them up and slightly diagonal). Its only when you hit the right spot that you get the immense damage. Anyone else have this experience? I wasn't aware it had this property.

I'm wondering if anyone can do some testing on this matter and create a picture-guide to where the tip ends and begins. I'll do some testing of my own on the subject.

-----------------------------------------

The other thing I was wondering is.. When I first started playing DDD a week ago, the rocket hammer seemed to be the most useless move he had.. but as I continue to improve with it, I enjoy it more and more. Its a huge challenge to score hits with this thing, but when you do its truly satisfying.

How many of you actually use the Rhammer? How many use it effectively enough to merit it?

I score at least one Rhammer hit per game, and my opponent isn't a newb. Knowing that you can dash, turn and jump (fairly high!) with the charged or charging hammer, I set out to get good with it. So far, it has limited uses, but its still mega fun.

Pros: It's scary as hell. I've been told by a few people that when DDD busts out the Rhammer, they fear getting near him until it's gone. Using this to your advantage, you can gain some ground on people.

VS Jigglypuff (rest), it is possibly a better choice than Fsmash, as Fsmash seems to have a tip zone..

The ability to jump and turn mid-air swing makes this weapon even deadlier, as you can catch people off guard entirely.

Cons: It has a humongous chargeup.

It damages you when fully charged, to a maximum of 150%. If you're at 150%+, you take no damage from it.

It has a small hitbox.. slightly off the ground and about 1/3 or 2/3 of the Fsmash reach.

Thoughts on using the Rhammer?

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I'm guessing "the tip" would be the head of the hammer...

Lots of characters have sweespots on their moves, even in melee

gg

aeota

Smash Cadet
It's very wierd.. I've seen the very tip hit, the bottom of the hammer do a weak hit, and the pole (very close) do a tip as well.. I have no idea.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
ya i have noticed the tip as well, however, the hitbox is so huge with the fsmash, if you hit them with anypart if've noticed at least some knockback.... i dig the rhammer but i havn't been able to fully utilze it yet,, it does have potential

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Umm basically "the tip" is just the head of the hammer. The pole wont send players flying. Put a vid up of this nonsense.

aeota

Smash Cadet
I just tested this is slow-mo.. The pole, middle, and head are all equally powerful + same knockback. Slightly beyond the head is a 'tip' region, that (rather than the normal 24-25%) does only 4% and has almost no knockback, instead sending them only slightly airborne. Its the little shockwave right beyond the head of the hammer, try it for yourself.

It seemed different during the fighting, though :o

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
The Fsmash is weak up close, VERY strong where the hammer head is, and just a puff past that of dust.
The rocket hammer is a very scary move, especially when you incorporate the new trick I found with it....but I'm not telling just yet .

aeota

Smash Cadet
There is another thread on this, but I confirmed it already. Moving using nothing but dashes with the Rhammer makes you move slightly faster on the ground. You can't rotate in the air AFAIK, but you can on the ground, its sorta slow though. I dunno if thats what Lovage is talking about :p

Top Bottom