• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Smash as a Projectile

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
Recently, I've taken to using F-Smash as a sort of short-ranged Pikmin throw. I find that its decent range, the fact that it doesn't send Pikmin too far away from you, and its very predictable angle make it useful for poking at shields, and stopping projectiles. However, I have to wonder if this is actually a good idea. Your guys thoughts?

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'm not really qualified to make an opinion but I think it has too much endlag for those things.

For projectiles - Any competent projectile spammer will be able to hit you with a different projectile (Samus/Link) or Approach (Falco).

Poking shields - Isn't grab just a better option here?

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think it has a little more range than his grab, but I see your point.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Only real use I've found for F-Smash is stopping Short Hop approaches and out ranging certain attacks (which can still be difficult because of their slow travel speed).

I find F-Smash to be particularly useful against Marth in a lot of areas because it out ranges his F-Smash and it does a fantastic job of stuffing his SH F-Air approaches. I mean, when possible, Purple Side-B is preferred because it's not as punishable, but beggers (aka Olimar players) can't be choosers when it comes to their available Pikmin.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Shoots

I agree with what has been said thus far.

Matthew

Smash Apprentice
Recently, I've taken to using F-Smash as a sort of short-ranged Pikmin throw. I find that its decent range, the fact that it doesn't send Pikmin too far away from you, and its very predictable angle make it useful for poking at shields, and stopping projectiles. However, I have to wonder if this is actually a good idea. Your guys thoughts?
I like your thoughts, but the only thing I would suggest is that if you want to stop projectiles, you should use side special instead. Purple pikmin will sometimes even negate certain projectiles and still hit.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Too much endlag, can't whistle Pikmin out of accidentally f-smashing off an edge, debateably too much startup.

I'll have to try using it to outspace Marth though. If blocked in any situation though, you're boned.

Pretty much Oli's worst move.

Top Bottom