• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-ric introduces his way into smash!

F-ric

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone I'm a Luigi main trying to start competing in tournaments. I've been to a few locals that my friend runs and after doing so-so I've been spending a ton of time in the lab getting the hang of Luigi's unique movement and learning/incorporating advanced techniques (shield drops, drop cancels, Vududash etc.) I really want to start competing and I want to do well even though Luigi isn't at the top of the tier list.

I'm currently in the MDVA area specifically downtown Baltimore. Unfortunately getting to Xanadu is difficult for me right now so I haven't been to any tournaments lately.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hello F-ric, welcome to Smashboards :)

Once again, I find something in common with a lot of Luigi players throughout the forums. Typically, if you end up maining Luigi in one game, you main him in all of them. Idk what it is :p

Wish you the best in your ventures into the competitive field!

F-ric

Smash Cadet
I think it has to do with the way Luigi plays, he is so unlike every other character in a lot of ways. His combo game is very unique (even in Brawl he has true combo potential) and his general gameplay is very free due to his low traction and in PM/Melee his WD.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I can agree with that. One of my roommates is a Luigi main, and he tells me that after being used to Luigi for so long, every other character he tries to use feels "odd". That may be an extreme case, but I can understand it.

That, and the fact that he always had to be Player-2 growing up when playing with older relatives, so he identified with Luigi in a way.

Dunno. I've just always found that to be interesting about Luigi players.

Kidd Ryze

Smash Rookie
NNID
KiddRyze
3DS FC
4639-9938-5875
Welcome to SmashBoards, dude! I'm having a great time so far, and I guarantee that you will have the same experience. Good luck, on going pro!

iiZESB

Smash Rookie
NNID
iiZESB
3DS FC
5086-1588-6152
Hey there, welcome to smashboards.

Luigi is such a weird character, I hope you do well with him!

Make sure to wavedash like crazy!

Top Bottom