• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-air auto cancel is amazing.

SlyChoober

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, Ike main here. Was messing around in the lab testing out some combos and what not and came across some interesting stuff you could do. Check this video out

http://youtu.be/93Qq1jqhGh0

At 30-50% percent this combo can be pulled off, other things I have tired is F-air (shorthop) to grab (you need to be fast!) pummel, up throw, then finally forward air..you could get some good damage off this. Not sure if this has been discovered by anyone but if so I ask someone to refer me that way I can give credit.

Ike is an extremely solid character, when in the right hands he can be very dangerous.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I knew of fair (and even bair in some cases) to jab and dtilt, but to grab is definitely new to me. Very interesting.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Yeah I knew that stuff, it´s pretty sick what Ike can pull off combowise in Smash 4.
I feel like everyone except Ike Users still think he is a slow and sluggish character like in brawl.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Agreed. Ike's meta would surely benefit from this and should be utilized more often. ^-^

I have been experimenting with his newly buffed F-air as well during the past week. The following video contains some things I was able to come up with. Although they are not true combos, according to Training Mode, one can inflict massive damage should these be successful. These do appear to be character dependent as they are easier to perform on certain characters.

The only thing I'm curious about is how a human opponent would normally respond to these, even though I managed to successfully string two of these attack sequences on two different players.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This thread is making me get pumped up for Ike all over again. Damn these combos look like amazing options.

D

Deleted member 269706

This is incredible. I was getting really into Captain Falcon due to his combo potential, but seeing this is getting me back into Ike! I'm gonna start training hard, cause this stuff is genuinely amazing. Keep up the good work you guys! If I come across anything remotely this good, I'll be sure to share it!

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
F-air can autocancel!? I thought it was only N-air. Nice find.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Agreed. Ike's meta would surely benefit from this and should be utilized more often. ^-^

I have been experimenting with his newly buffed F-air as well during the past week. The following video contains some things I was able to come up with. Although they are not true combos, according to Training Mode, one can inflict massive damage should these be successful. These do appear to be character dependent as they are easier to perform on certain characters.

The only thing I'm curious about is how a human opponent would normally respond to these, even though I managed to successfully string two of these attack sequences on two different players.

O.O;
Dat last combo tho

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
F-air can autocancel!? I thought it was only N-air. Nice find.
As of the 1.0.4. update, yes, F-air autocancels. N-air, however, does not, actually, not even in SSBB; it turns out it had very low landing lag.

O.O;
Dat last combo tho
I like to think of this as an extension to San's video, the one that demonstrated Ike's true combos. The ones that are shown in mine are more like strings leading to true combos. While the set-ups in San's video are practically guaranteed against the entire cast, mine's will probably only work against heavies (i.e. Bowser, Ganondorf, Ike), or certain characters with fast fall speeds with Ike in rage state (i.e. Falcon).

Although I have had moderate successes with these against human players, it would definitely be nice if they worked consistently in high-level play. I have still yet to test how these are affected by DI.

^-^

Last edited:
Top Bottom