• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eyes Of A Demon: Meta Knight Guide( Still In Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyLnS

Smash Rookie
If your Reading this that means you have decided to use Meta Knight, So ill tell you now before i start.....THIS GUIDE IS NOT FOR THE WEAK HEARTED meaing that if your reading this and telling yourself(Man this is cheap i can't do this) then this guide is NOT for you.

The Eyes Of A Demon: Meta Knight

Table Of Contents:
I.Why Meta Knight is Greatness
II.Pros
III.Cons
IV.A Button Moves(You kno the green button in the middle:))
V.B Button Moves(The smaller red button:bee:)
VI. Tips and Tricks
VII.Matchups
VIII.Final Words

I.Why Meta Knight is Greatness

Ok This Section Is based on my opinion so dont go acting stupid cause i called Meta Knight Greatness(Even through half the brawl players have a pocket Meta as a backup.....just sayin). Meta Knight to me is a super cool character to use. He doesn't have many flaws and he wears a mask......COME ON PEOPLE A MASK!!!!!(srry fanboy moment:embarrass:), However do not be fooled like all the brawl cast meta knight has to play by his strengths of reasons i will explain deeper into the guide. Now that i've spoken my mind let's move on shall we....

II.Pros
:bee:
I could rant about meta knights pros for a long time but because i have to reread everything i write let's keep it short....
  1. Very fast attacks(of course)
  2. Grab has good range
  3. Excellent recovery( the Best recovery in the game hands down)
  4. Very little lag(This Doesn't Mean Every Move is usable....unless your M2K)
  5. Small, so certain characters may have trouble hitting him
  6. Any Special Move can be used as a recovery move(Learn which special move solves the problem your facing)
III.Cons:(
Sadly Everyone has a flaw(even M2k....but not Jesus) so with that being said let's begin:
  1. Fairly light, so attacks make him fly farther(Do Remember Meta Knight IS a lightweight character so when you just killed a snake and your at 156% and his tilts are fresh......nuff said)
  2. No projectile attacks(This Means that 9 times out of 10 you WILL be playing a game of cat and mouse cause let's face the facts if you have a gun and i have a sword are you gonna run to me or shoot.....Plz note if you decide to run at me your a IGIT!!!!!)
  3. Short attack range( This might sound bad but your forgetting something....YOUR META KNIGHT)
  4. Weak attacks(If you have to BE reading this guide you'll remember I said in the pros section that Meta Knight has very fast attacks.....so think about it would being fast and strong really be fair.....)
  5. Slow falling speed, so he's easily comboed by opponents(Meta knight has the SLOWEST Aerial movement speed...PERIOD)
  6. Mach Tornado move bounces him off edges instead of grabbing them(ok listen up remember i said learn which special fits in which areas....this is one of the reasons why.....)

IV. A Button Moves
Neutral Attack - When held, Meta Knight yells and executes a lightning-fast series of slashes that also attack enemies behind him. Does 10% damage when just tapping the attack button. (ok this is your basic A move....Train your mind never to use this move but if you do(cause we're humans we're not perfect...unless your M2K) then at least try to get in a down tilt or down smash out of it.....)

Dash Attack - Does a running kick. His only attack (other than all of his throws, excluding the back throw) that does not use his sword. When MK attacks with his foot, it does 6%. When the body hits it does (This can used out of the down grab to rack but more damage but their are better moves you can use)

Forward tilt(F-tilt) - Slashes twice in front of him, then once upwards. Only pressing the attack button once will cause Meta Knight to perform only the first hit; press it twice more to slash the second and third times. 1st slash does 4%, next does 3% and the last does 5%, altogether 12%(Over time this will become one of your bread and butter moves. It's ability to combo into other moves is amazing and it's one of Meta Knights moves that have good range)

Up tilt(U-tilt) - Stabs upward. 10%. Decent knockback, and in some cases at higher percents, makes up for his up smash's weak vertical knockback.(This is what Meta Knight's Up Smash would be if it was good....if BUT it's not so this is a good little poke to mix your moves up and If fresh it also serves as a very good kill move at higher percents)

Down tilt(D-tilt) - Thrusts his sword across the ground. Good for tripping, deceptive range, very fast, and it can be used to Pseudo Crawl. 4-6%(Again another great move, A bread and butter move that can lead to grabs or his Shuttle Loop(Up-b))

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash - Pulls his sword back for a second, then slashes in front of him. Has below average knockback, but is his strongest move in terms of knockback. This is Meta Knight's only slow attack, although that's only the start-up which is 24 frames, it has a very fast charge release and has very little ending lag, less cooldown than his Down Smash. 15-21%.(Ok now if you think back or for those who cant read the top of this guide i said some of Meta Knight's moves you need practice with...THIS IS ONE OF THOSE MOVES!!!!....Ok the reason im saying this is because most of the moves you will use with Meta Knight have no lag...this Smash however does so how's the best way to catch someone with this powerful smash....MINDGAMES....Because your Meta Knight you have the ability to play mind games with people and scared them into messing up....this move is your mind game set-up.....On a side note this move has no ending lag so if you to mess up you can use any of meta knight's moves after the ending frame do well to remember this.

Up Smash - Slashes above him three times. Like Link's Up Smash, but much faster. 4% each slash, in total 12%. [9% damage uncharged]. Low knockback.(Just do your self a flavor and just dont use this move...nuff said

Down Smash - Slashes in front of him, then behind. Arguably his best kill move due to its extremely fast speed. One of the non-dragging down smashes that second hit attack has higher knockback than first hit. Front slash does 12-15%, and back slash does 15-18%.(ok now this is reason one why i told you if you think doing certain things with meta knight is gay and/or cheat you dont need to read this....THIS MOVE IS GREATNESS....Not only do you want to use this move you want to abuse this move....It's speed and ending frames are just amazing and let's face it if your use the down smash knowing that if you miss you can do it again and most likely catch your opponent off guard....It's a Free Kill i dont turn free kills down....also this is also a great mind game move.)
Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial(N-air) - Slashes while spinning in a circle. Similar to Pikachu's Neutral Aerial. Surprisingly powerful. Can hit twice for a total of 19% damage.(Kill Move People.....Dont Waste this move nuff said)

Forward Aerial(F-air) - Slashes in front of him three times. Can perform a Wall of Pain variation. First slash does 3%, second does 3%, and last does 4%. Altogether 10%.(This move can be used to link strings together and keep control of the match...learn when to and not when to use this move)

Back Aerial(B-air) - Like his f-air, but behind him and more slowly. To compensate for the slower slashes, this move has slightly more knockback. However, it still has almost no start-up lag and the 1st two hits while landing set-ups a Down Smash on many characters. First slash does 3%, second does 3%, and last does 4%. Altogether 10%.(While not as good as f-air it does have it's uses....use this move when you wanna mix it up but not to much.)

Up Aerial(U-air) - Slashes above him very quickly, has decent knockback. Shortest ending lag aerial in the game. Great for juggling opponents into the upper blast line. 6% damage. If Tap Jump is set to "on", Meta Knight will rise up with each slash. The distance varies depending on how many of Meta Knight's jumps remain.(This is a combo starter like crazy....Learn to space your string combo with this move for max potential.)

Down Aerial - Slashes below him very quickly. Sends the opponent at a horizontal trajectory and is quite deadly offstage, especially against opponents with poor horizontal recovery. 7-9% damage.(This is your spacing move....use this move to gimp some character while at the same time canceling this move to a nado(Mach Tornado) is one of the safe ways to abuse this move.)

Glide Attack - Slashes in front of himself. A fairly powerful move with great knockback. 12% damage.(While the glide increases your aerial speed(you:Really SyLns it does??? SyLnS: yes it does indeed....) their are moves you can cancel the glide into because the glide attack does become predictble after awhile.)
Srry i got Hungry:reverse:

Grabs & Throws:

Pummel - Jabs opponents with his wings' claws. A slow pummel.

Forward Throw - Kicks the opponent in front of him. A very fast throw. 8-10% damage.

Back Throw - Teleports and slashes the opponent behind him. 10% damage and good knockback.

Up Throw - Like Kirby's: jumps into the air holding his foe, and then crashes down. The differences are that this throw doesn't create an explosion, like Kirby's, and has less launch power. Can KO at very high percents. 12% damage.

Down Throw - Stomps on opponent multiple times, then ends by slamming down on him/her. It is much like Kirby's down throw. Does 12% damage

Taunting:
Ok Now on a real note here's how i feel about taunting.....NEVER DO IT!!!!!! now the reason i say this is because to me if your taunting me after a kill your saying that i suck soooooo much that your not worried about me at all...not don't get me wrong if you something crazy like hit three people will game & watch's oil spill(AKA BLACK GOLD!!!!) then by all means go for it....but on a normal fight it's disrepectful so dont do it(Unless your M2K, or Ally, or ADHD, or Big Lou....the list goes on so ill stop there.)

V.B Button Moves( Your Favorite Moves)

Mach Tornado - Meta Knight whirls at high speed, causing a slight pull on nearby opponents. He slashes them multiple times and traps them in a barrage of blade swipes. This makes escape via Directional Influence difficult. When the Tornado is finished, the last hit dealt causes slightly more than moderate knockback, but can be very deadly if used near the top of the screen. (1-2% Per Hit) (ok this is reason number 2 why if you think this is gay you should stop reading....Nado IS THE ISH!!!! nado it up like crazy your mind set should be like this: If 15 seconds have passed in the beggining of the round and you havent nado'ed that's a problem. If you think the move your using isnt safe....nado, if your opponent is camping and making you come to him....nado, nado, NADO!!!! It's just 2 good of a move to throw away.)

Drill Rush -Meta Knight leaps sideways and whirls in the fashion of a drill with his blade outstretched. If he hits an enemy, he performs a combination lasting up to a good 2 seconds, knocking Meta Knight's opponent upward. Also, when finished, he pulls back a bit. Meta Knight can also change the course of the attack, as he is shown using the same attack upward, allowing it to be used as a recovery.(1-2% Per Hit) ( ok this move is a 50/50 (You:Why do you say that SyLns you said eariler all his moves are great recovery moves. SyLnS: Ok ill explain....See as a recovery move Drill Rush is a great move to use if your below the stage because: 1 it has great range and most of the time it will save you, 2 because it's a mult-hit move it will stop people from edge-guarding you unlike the shuttle loop. But the other 50 being that as a attack move on stage....it sucks......like this move so be for recovery and recovery ONLY.....)

Shuttle Loop -Meta Knight leaps quickly into the air with his blade pointed upwards, goes into a loop and glides forward with his blade extended. The Shuttle Loop does around 9% of damage, and has good knockback, making it one of Meta Knight's few finishing moves.(9%) (The Crown Jewel, The Ace in The Sleeve, The Money Maker, The Show Stopper...This Move is your best move hands down. Any move Meta Knight have with no lag can be cancelled into this god like move....My Favorite version of this move is the reverse Shuttle Loop(The Art Of SyLnS)

Dimensional Cape - This move transports Meta Knight in the direction you indicate. Use it to dodge an attack, then pop behind your enemy. Does damage if you hold down B while performing, has little to no knockback.(14%) (ok first and listen good....DO NOT USE THIS AS A ATTACK!!!!......ok now that i've said that this move while not the best can be used as a recovery and a edge-guarding tech move.)

VI. Tips And Tricks

Now I know what your thinking...there are tricks with Meta Knight Can you show me???....well my answer is that there are people like regular players that are happy to show you these tricks, then there are Pro players like M2K(yo on a real note how many times have i said his name???) that will tell you to learn them yourself or pay for his services...I'm one of those people cause lets face the facts...i just wrote a guide on Meta Knight you got to do some of the work yourself......

VII. Match-ups

Ok just to let you know I'm not going to tell your how to beat your match-ups cause well....i have a life so ill give you the numbers but the rest you do yourself....(plz refer to the do some work yourself comment) so here it is:

Meta Knight: Mirror Match
Snake: 55:45
Diddy Kong 55:45
Falco: 55:45
Ice Climbers 55:45
Marth: 60:40
Wario 55:45
King DeeDee 60:40
Pikchu 65:35
Olimar 60:40
Lucario 60:40
Game & Watch 60:40
Pit: ???(Dont ask me how)
Toon Link 60:40
ZZS(Zero Suit) 60:40
Kirby 55:45
ROB 60:40
DK 60:40
Peach 60:40
Fox 65:35
Luigi ???(It's Luigi people)
Wolf 65:35
Shiek ???(Nuff Said)
PK Trainer 65:35(Squirtle 65:35, Ivysaur 70:30, Charizard 60:40)
Sonic 65:35
Ness ???(Little British Boy :))
Bowser 70:30
Lucas ???(Little Polish Boy:awesome:)
Ike 70:30
Yoshi 60:40
Mario ???
Cap. Falcon ???
Samus ???
JigglyPuff ???
Zelda ???
Link 70:30
Ganon 95:5(Poor Ganon:c)

VIII.Final Words

So my Final words to your before i get off this guide, go get something to get, play a few matches and sleep....hmmm well you got the guide, you know what to do, how to do it, and why your should but i'll tell you this....PRACTICE!!!!!....if at first you dont win....remember your Meta Knight and practice..and when your do win Practice somemore. And have fun with the game.....UNLESS your playing M2K cause he makes your wanna quit(heard this from a hommie who played him)....Thanks for Reading!!!!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Welcome to Smashboards! Unfortunately we already have a comprehesive guide (found here) for Meta Knight, and we do not need a second guide. If you would like to contribute any information to it, please post in there.

Thanks for understanding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom