• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extra control option (New to this posting thing :O)

BlueJaf

Smash Rookie
Hey, I don't usually join forums or whatnot, but Ultimate has gotten me pretty hyped about it, including it's community.

I don't know if this was discussed already, and I don't know if anyone can help me, but I was wondering where we could post feedback or whatnot to Nintendo about the game, if that's even possible.

Although I dabbled in Smash 64 when I was a kid, I've barely played any iteration between that one and Smash 4, essentially I learn competitive smash on the Wii U. For better (or apparently worst), I gotta very well acquainted with the C-Stick Nair input. In fact I loved using it, and to me it just seems odd that they wouldn't add it as an option that could be turned on or off (such as Stick Jump) rather than remove it completely. If the new C-Stick tilt were accurate in their angles (for angled moves sideways) or turn-around tilts (moving in one direction and imputing the c stick up or down slightly tilted in the other direction to turn around and up/down tilt automatically in the opposite direction to the one you were walking) I could understand. It's true that to angle sideways tilts/smashes the c stick is fairly reliable, but not so by using the corners of the c-stick, you're more likely to get something inconsistent out of that specific input.

That makes me feel like removing C-Stick Nair was fairly pointless, since the actual diagonal input isn't even consistent as it stands, making it just a "different" type of miss-inputs.

(Just to debunk something real quick, that rumor going around that you can do a C-Stick Nair isn't actually a thing, it's a glitch caused by the new buffer system, essentially, while grounded, if you do Any C-Stick input and then IMMEDIATELY cancel the animation with a jump (like frame 1 after the C-Stick input), the jump will cancel the c-stick input and turn into a short hop nair, and that's not exactly the use I'm looking for! This is with Tilt Stick btw, haven't really tested smash stick)

So there it is, I'm probably posting this in the wrong section, I'm kinda new to all this, I was hoping to get either feedback on why you guys think it legitimately should not be an option, or where I could actually post this to maybe hope and make a difference about it. I work in a software company and I'm fairly certain this shouldn't even be an issue to add into their system (unless somehow this new buffer mechanic or weird C-Stick interaction clash with the G-Cube Controller "somehow", but I hardly see how setting a couple of degrees to change the input would be a challenge, especially since they've already proven (with the new angling of the c-stick) that it detects angles.

I want to live in a world where I don't have to let go of the Control Stick to use Nair! You guys think that's possible?

Top Bottom