• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extending the hydrant's duration?

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I just saw this video on the Palutena board. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something... But first, watch it for yourself. It's within the beginning of the video:

You'll notice that the hydrant stayed for 10 seconds, which is twice as long as it normally stays. (5 seconds?) It seems that being reflected somehow resets the duration. Or something.

I can test it out later with other characters or other scenarios, but I'd like to see if anyone encountered this before.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I just saw this video on the Palutena board. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something... But first, watch it for yourself. It's within the beginning of the video:

You'll notice that the hydrant stayed for 10 seconds, which is twice as long as it normally stays. (5 seconds?) It seems that being reflected somehow resets the duration. Or something.

I can test it out later with other characters or other scenarios, but I'd like to see if anyone encountered this before.
Awesome but sadly I think it has something to do with Palutena's barrier..:(
I watched the rest of the vid tho because it was a nice fight :3

Last edited:

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Awesome but sadly I think it has something to do with Palutena's barrier..:(
I watched the rest of the vid tho because it was a nice fight :3
The mismatch between the PacMan's "tech" and the poorness of his fundamental reaction game was pretty striking to me. That PacMan clearly had some practice with various setups, but made crucial mistakes over and over in the fundamental reaction / punish game continuously.

I mean, who the heck can't shield Palutina's neutral b? That attack is slow as all heck and easily shieldable. I bet you it was a decent PacMan player who was dealing with online-lag issues.

Either that, or some PacMan player out there spent too much time learning how to do Hydrant setups, but forgot the basics like Jab, FTilt and DTilt. There was virtually no ground game at all. But I'm leaning towards "lag issues" as my current guess in the fight.

No offense, but that sort of play is what keeps me off of online play. The players moved by rolling, its like they were trained on the online environment, which is drastically different than the offline game. Those constant rolls could be easily punished by either player... but they were both unable to capitalize upon such a basic mistake. You might say that a summary of the bad habits are "rolled up" in the way both players rolled in there.

Last edited:

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
It was extended because the Palutena reflected it.

Top Bottom