• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extenderrrrrrrr! Useful for tech-chase?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I've been screwing around with Samus a little and I've found myself using this as a tech-chase. Do you guys use it?

-F_a_T_e-

Smash Cadet
....i dont really use it that much cause its too slow even though it goes out double distance..

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
The extender imo is a little overrated seeing as you cannot grab people in the air or on platforms...
But still it has some uses, and its great to surprise people. and it IS better then Samus's normal grab which is crap.

Redragon

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
It can be used as a tech-chase, especially if you do a dashing jump-cancelled grab, making Samus do a standing grab instead of a dash grab. Sure, a dash grab comes out faster, but it is shorter and has smaller frames of being able to grab someone. The standing grab has more lag, though, but is longer and has more grab frames.

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
i completely agree with wii4mii. jc'd grab is really underrated, especially for tech chasing. just be sure to space it right, utilizing its length. i try to space it so that if they tech in place, i grab em, while still being able to grab them if they techroll away from me.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
It can be used as a tech-chase, especially if you do a dashing jump-cancelled grab, making Samus do a standing grab instead of a dash grab. Sure, a dash grab comes out faster, but it is shorter and has smaller frames of being able to grab someone. The standing grab has more lag, though, but is longer and has more grab frames.
How often do you guys use it? I can see if being useful for characters that can't jump out of the Dthrow before hitting the ground(ie, the ones that give her the most trouble. CF, Fox, Falco...). It would be a slow way of racking up damage but god knows, they would be under your complete control. I can see a Dthrow -> combo -> tech-chase -> rinse -> repeat.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I try not to use it in a serious match, but next time in a crew battle I think I will lol.

Also don't aim for a tech-chase, just use the extender when you feel like your opponent is on the defensive, chances are they will dodge and then suddenly be grabbed.

Top Bottom