• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Exposure through Sponsors

Scar

#HarveyDent
Hopefully Alex Strife can help here. There are several fantastic groups who partnered with Apex and with Melee that can give bump SSBM to their fanbase. Can we get in touch with any of them?
  • Screwattack
  • OCRemix

GIMR probably also has some. Please post and let me know if there's someone or some group who you'd like us to approach, or that you'd feel comfortable approaching.

Revven

FrankerZ
We should try to approach Madcatz some or something, unless something went wrong with them I can't see it being a bad idea to have them as a sponsor more often. On the plus side, if you make a good relationship with them early enough for the next Smash game you could get them to possibly develop a good controller for it that mimics the shape and style of a GCN controller (yes I know there's a pro controller for the Wii U but it's not going to be good enough, imo). And while yeah, Madcatz didn't have the best GCN controllers in the past, they've taken huge strides in product quality in the last few years with their TE sticks (tournament edition arcade sticks).

Or hell, have them start developing good GCN controllers period since Nintendo stopped producing them.

It couldn't possibly be a bad idea.

I was also going to suggest Namco-Bandai but I don't think they're ready/able to support Smash yet until Smash 4 is actually unveiled. But hey, it wouldn't hurt to try to start an early relationship.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I don't see why Namco wouldn't want to support smash before their game is out.

The more people into competitive smash the more copies of the next one they sell

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Was checking internet comics just now. How about Brawl in the Family? Checking their forums I don't see any thread about it. I certainly wouldn't mind posting/alerting them to it, but someone else who already has an account there with some previous interaction might be better for this case.

Should probably make a thread and message Matthew (the lead author) about it. I'll do it myself on Monday if it's not done before then and no one else wants it.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Brawl in the Family, while I don't think the next issue is going to be out in time to help with donations, do you think we could get support from Nintendo Force?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Random people who cover video game music don't have money though, although a few more ssbm covers like OCR did would be cool, just to listen to even.

Yo I always wanted to hit up machinima.com regarding melee. Ign has their pro league with capcom and LoL partnerships, machinima being their competitor could side with us the way MLg did when Evo ignored us.

Machinima made a versus channel for competitive play strategies but it never took off. I tweeted one of the guys there about uploading tournaments to it as well and he said he'd bring up the idea. Not sure if he was serious but could you imagine if machinima being a Californian based Internet company started streaming tournies like genesis and putting it up on YouTube and mentioning them on their shows?

I think anyone can apply to put videos on ther channel, someone should apply to put up the new AHTP series up there.

:phone:

Scar

#HarveyDent
Lots of great ideas in here - does anyone want to drive them?

Exarch - can you get in touch with BitF?
Krisp, any recommendations regarding who can get in touch with Machinima?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
They probably won't whip anything up regarding the drive in time, maybe cover it during their gaming news show but we could get smash videos on their channel for money and exposure. I had tweeted Adam Kovic regarding melee on their versus channel. As for applying to be a director on their channel the reason I hadn't done so sooner is since you can't apply for their versus channel, it seems you can now.

If there's a good uploader who has a lot of tourney videos to upload they can apply here and see what happens: http://www.machinima.com/affiliates edit: this seems to be specifically for competitive gaming channels https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dExDRVExN3JXU0c5eXYxNjZlMlBHOWc6MQ#gid=0

edit: I shot them a quick e-mail regardless...they say they'll respond to any e-mail regarding partnerships, I'll see if they do.

Top Bottom