• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Explosion effect

Guel

Smash Journeyman
This could just be in my head but that explosion effect seems off to me.
When it pops I seem to get hit by stuff I would normally trade with or not get hit by at all (regardless of my character) if I were in that same scenario without the explosion . Id like to hear what others think of this effect and see if anyone else shares my thoughts.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The effect is entirely aesthetic and has no bearing on whether or not attacks hit. In fact, it triggers on-hit, so there's no way it even could.

4tlas

Smash Lord
The effect is entirely aesthetic and has no bearing on whether or not attacks hit. In fact, it triggers on-hit, so there's no way it even could.
Something something Rito spaghetti code

Edit: But yeah I haven't noticed any issues. Doesn't mean there aren't any though.

Last edited:

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Looks like dust to me, when you die with with explosion you get dusted. It's basically the same as the death screams and flares (Smash 4).

Top Bottom