• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Explorable "new" chain grab on Spacies as Falco?

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
So, my friend and I were playing a friendly a bit ago and I discovered that Falco actually has a back throw chain grab on Fox until around 40%, he tried to DI out of it and roll out of it and it would not let him. I am not too sure if this has been discovered before, but I feel as this has full potential that has yet to be fully exploited. He also has it on himself in a ditto, until around 40%.

EDIT: Forgot to note everybody I've played has not been able to escape this. No spot dodge, no roll, no shine oos, nothing. Until 40% that is :p

EDIT #2: So, it has been said that this is not true, but it's a good DI mixup for those who don't completely understand Falco's throws, as in if an unsuspecting fox get's b-thrown and doesn't expect the regrab, you can regrab maybe 2 more times then u-throw and so on so he can't buffer out unless he catches on.

Last edited:

Nik4711

Smash Rookie
in that video, it doesn't show him back throwing into a regrab :p
Yeah I deleted the vid. I've seen the backthrow thing before and that's the first place my mind went. Quick, make a vid and name it, you'll be famous.

Are you 100% there's no way to get out? DI? If it were true I feel like it would be used, but you never know.

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
yeah, you can DI out of it at 45% as fox and 50% as Falco. I'll post a vid here shortly.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
This is not real guys, u can DI out at 0. Ur friend isn't buffering roll or DIing out at all.

Last edited:

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Yeah, a buffered roll or spotdodge would definitely get him out of the situation that you showed in the video in the first post.

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Yeah, a buffered roll or spotdodge would definitely get him out of the situation that you showed in the video in the first post.
lmao the guy that I was playing against and my friend @LegendaryKiko both said they couldn't act out of it, that they were trying to buffer a roll or shine and they couldn't lmao idk

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
He landed and his shield was up. Unless you caught him the frame before he started rolling, it did not look buffered at all. I'd be extremely surprised if he was holding the C stick at all during those regrabs.

alpha_leonis

Smash Cadet
20xx cpus jump out and DI of this. it doesn't work. It is on the other hand a good di mix up for people who don't completely understand falco's throws.

Last edited:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
lmao the guy that I was playing against and my friend @LegendaryKiko both said they couldn't act out of it, that they were trying to buffer a roll or shine and they couldn't lmao idk
Buffered roll means u don't have to react with it. It will automatically "buffer" the roll. Its done by holding c-stick in a direction while u shield. If they were buffering roll then they would have rolled the second their shield came up.

Also, shine is frame 1. U can 100% shine out of it if u have time to land and shield.

There is a pretty funny clip of zhu getting like 10 back throws on someone though and HMW freaking out. Its completely not legit but the guy just kept holding in lol.

Last edited:

alpha_leonis

Smash Cadet
Also be wary about posting things that you think you're discovering please. This game is 15 years old. i think we'd know by now if a high tier such as falco had a chain grab. Plus this topic comes up like once every page or so of threads so just look around first before your post.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Most of the time they're asking about uthrow cuz AIs won't jump out of it till like 30%, but Quasar has a really good point.

EDIT: And he's hype cuz NC

Last edited:
Top Bottom