• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exactly how grimy is it to chaingrab someone on their last stock after agreeing not to?

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Title basically says it all. I've been considering this lately. It's kinda between doing what you gotta do to win, or being a garbage-tier person and knowing it. Thoughts?

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
just remember that if you drop the chain grab then they are gonna go at you with an absolute vengeance. But I would;t do it honestly. Its so super grimy.

Delta Chae

The Observer
Title basically says it all. I've been considering this lately. It's kinda between doing what you gotta do to win, or being a garbage-tier person and knowing it. Thoughts?
I don't know why you'd ever agree to NOT chaingrab except in non-money match friendlies. That being said, if you told the other person that you wouldn't do something then don't. If this is actually an issue then I just wouldn't make any promises to anyone about refraining from using certain tactics.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
It's omega grimy

But low level Sheiks did it to me at nationals so often that I started chain grabbing them well before I started chain grabbing higher level sheiks

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
It isn't grimy at all in a regular match.

But if you specifically agreed to not chaingrab? That's beyond grimy, that's just plain disrespectful.

Meez

The Fraudulent Fox
if CGs are on, go to town, but if you agreed not to, and you're on game 5 last stock then you start CGing, not only are you a bad person, the next time you play that person I promise you they'll CG on the first stock to the last stock.

Koov

Smash Rookie
Serious **** move. If you agreed to chaingrabs then it doesn't matter but if you agreed no chaingrabs then it's pretty much cheating. It's like stabbing your opponent with a knife in a boxing match.

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
Yeah that's super awful. If you want to chain grab, then just don't agree to it if they ask for no chain grabs. Besides, chain grabs are the optimal punish. Imo, sheik dittos should always consist of chain grabbing because it is the optimal way to play the matchup. Idc if it's boring to watch, or even boring to play. If it's in tournament, it's about winning. Just swallow your pride and play to win

Top Bottom