• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVR Racer Support Thread! Place Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Welcome to the Support Thread for the EVR Racer!
EVR Racer is Nintendo's absolute first character. Although not the first full-fledged protagonist of Nintendo (that title goes to Sheriff), the EVR Racers were the characters in what Nintendo considers their very first video game.
Why Should I Support Him?
This thread is working under the impression that Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. were historical characters rather than your typical "retro" characters. With that in mind, it is reasonable to assume that another historical character will be added in SSB4. EVR Racer fits this role fairly well, although it has competition in the form of Daitoryo, Sheriff, and others.
What Exactly Was EVR Race?
EVR Race is what Nintendo considers their first video game. It is essentially just a betting game in which you vote on the horse or car that you think will win. The EVR Racer is just the character that rides the horse or drives the car (it depends on what tapes were loaded into it).
Arguments:
Coming soon.
Movesets:
Coming soon​
Signature Icons:
Coming soon
Roster Maker Icons:
Coming soon​
Supporter List:
Pacack (Thread creator)​
SuperBrawler​
BluePikmin11​
Brad-Rock​
Dr. Flinn​
APC99​
Tepig2000​

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
BluePikmin11, would you like to be added to the list of supporters?

Also, is there anyone who can make a moveset for EVR Racer? I don't think I'm quite that creative.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
He could have higher jumps?

I have no idea.
I'm finding it difficult to make a moveset without any real source material to work with...maybe Nintendo has an EVR Race player, but no one else seems to.
Sure why not! :p
You've been added. Any ideas on the moveset predicament?

Also, any high-quality images of the EVR Racer or EVR Race game would be highly appreciated.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What's with the sudden increase in WTF characters lately?

Support.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
After what was said in the Daitoryo thread, it was obvious that you would do this. I support it. Going to do a moveset.

Dr. Flinn

Smash Cadet
This isn't the fully-fledged version, just the specials.

N- Whip
EVR Racer will pull out a whip, and swings it in front of him. This does meh-y damage and decent knockback, making it good for setting up

S- Car
The EVR Racer hops into a car and drives around for a bit, about 3.45 seconds. In this stage, anyone he runs over will get grounded, like DK's Side Special. Spikes Aerial opponents.

D- Bet
Throwing a coin on the field, EVR Racer will "bet" that he will win. The next time a foe losses a life, they get 1% damage for every coin on the field, with a max of 10 coins.

U- Footstooling mai Horse
EVR Racer, well, footstools his horse. The horse appears where ever EVR Racer lands. Goes about 7 Ray MK II's high, so it's not very great.

:D

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This isn't the fully-fledged version, just the specials.

N- Whip
EVR Racer will pull out a whip, and swings it in front of him. This does meh-y damage and decent knockback, making it good for setting up

S- Car
The EVR Racer hops into a car and drives around for a bit, about 3.45 seconds. In this stage, anyone he runs over will get grounded, like DK's Side Special. Spikes Aerial opponents.

D- Bet
Throwing a coin on the field, EVR Racer will "bet" that he will win. The next time a foe losses a life, they get 1% damage for every coin on the field, with a max of 10 coins.

U- Footstooling mai Horse
EVR Racer, well, footstools his horse. The horse appears where ever EVR Racer lands. Goes about 7 Ray MK II's high, so it's not very great.

:D

What I find funny is that most movesets involving characters riding something (Excitebike, Mach Rider, EVR Racer, Mario/Yoshi) are mainly this:

N: Non-projectile long-reaching attack.
S: Dash attack using vehicle.
U: Footstool off vehicle.
D: Something unique.

Not ripping you, Dr. Flinn, but I think you should try to break this pattern if you choose to remake it. That's my only problem with it, I really enjoy the coin mechanic, and the footstooling horse would be pretty funny.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think EVR Racer's main form of attack should be the whip, and the horse kicking.

So based around that, the rest can be pretty much filled as it goes.

As for specials, here's what I got:

B: Horse ram (A fierce charge forward)

Btilt: Coin toss (a simple flinch projectile)

Bdown: Off the horse. (The jockey gets off the horse, this can be used in a good ammount of ways, like for example, an emergency KO survival. You press Down+B and the horse keeps the knockback momentum received, but the Jockey jumps off. Without the horse, the Jockey will be a lot weaker, with a lot less moves at his disposal, and can only attack with his whip).

Bup: Carrot throw (this works kinda like Yoshi's Up+B except the carrot does 1% damage, when the player presses B+up again, the horse will DIVE in the direction the carrot is currently at. So it's a sort of parabolyc recovery.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think EVR Racer's main form of attack should be the whip, and the horse kicking.

So based around that, the rest can be pretty much filled as it goes.

As for specials, here's what I got:

B: Horse ram (A fierce charge forward)

Btilt: Coin toss (a simple flinch projectile)

Bdown: Off the horse. (The jockey gets off the horse, this can be used in a good ammount of ways, like for example, an emergency KO survival. You press Down+B and the horse keeps the knockback momentum received, but the Jockey jumps off. Without the horse, the Jockey will be a lot weaker, with a lot less moves at his disposal, and can only attack with his whip).

Bup: Carrot throw (this works kinda like Yoshi's Up+B except the carrot does 1% damage, when the player presses B+up again, the horse will DIVE in the direction the carrot is currently at. So it's a sort of parabolyc recovery.
Me gusta. Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom