• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 EVO stream cancelled: here's what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I'm opening this topic because it's important that people organize their protest (and even more important: BE VOCAL.).
All of you probably already know : http://smashboards.com/threads/evo-2013-stream-cancelled.338406/ Nintendo denied EVO to stream Melee. Which is stupid, since it's free advertising for them anyway.

So, here's what you can do:

Twitter: #MeleeStream4EVO seems to be the most popular tag right now. Please don't use different tags or it's a waste! Make sure to tweet to @Sora_Sakurai and @NintendoAmerica,
EMAIL: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/ you can write to them here. If you want to mention the fact that fans also raised over 90k for breast cancer research to bring the game there, I encourage to do so. nintendo@noa.nintendo.com is probably the email anyway.
Facebook: spread the word as much as you can, and remember you can use tags now too.
The press: make sure that as many sites as possible report about it. GAF, Kotaku and others seems already on it, some bad press is always good!
Miiverse: for those who own a WiiU, flooding the smash section wouldn't be a bad idea.
Customer service: 800-255-3700 should be the number. Who knows, even harassing their staff to pass feedback could work?

If anyone has anything to add, feel free to post, I'll check this thread and edit.

Let's do the genkidama again, guys.

DaTalkingFrog

Smash Rookie
Also upvote anything related to the topic on reddit (/r/Games, /r/Gaming, /r/smashbros, /r/gamernews). The more media attention we can get it, the better. Thanks to this we already got the story on the frontpage of Kotaku!

I recommend supporting these threads (even just an upvote does a lot):
Also tweet and retweet as much as you can. We already got Evo, Smash Bros, Smash, and Melee trending. Also tweet with #MeleeStream4Evo so we can accumulate as much as we can under one hashtag.

For those of you with a WiiU, spread the word via Miiverse. Nintendo actually pays attention to Miiverse a lot, so it'll definitely help!

Share the links about the story/how to contribute to the unbanning where ever you can as well! Tell your friends in person too!

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I have never played melee competitively in my life. I love watching melee on twitch and was excited to see evo oh so much. I've sent an email, posted on facebook, upvoted reddit threads, whatever I can to help. It may be very little, but this is really a shame and I hope this is quickly reverted. I encourage you all to appeal (read: don't send angry letters) to Nintendo and show them how much we want this. Please get the word out!

D

Deleted member 212841

Nintendo's Legal department sent a cease and desist to EVO Tournament Series over the streaming of Smash Bros. Melee. If you want to appeal to Nintendo, please not only tweet them at @NintendoAmerica, but you can use these to email Nintendo as well:
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/prcontact.jsp
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

It is IMPORTANT that you not resort to insults or negative stuff, instead emphasize that the community exists and our community's efforts to raise $94,685 for Breast Cancer Research. Insults WILL ONLY MAKE THIS WORSE.

^ I have posted this to the Smashboards FB too.

Credit to steven from FB
I noticed that some relevant links in this post weren't shared in this thread already.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Approaching 1k sigs! Keep it up everyone! I set it so the Legal Dept. gets an email once anyone signs it now ;)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
https://twitter.com/EMP_TriForce_GM

According to this guy Nintendo is looking into it, I hope he's not a troll, I don't know him, sorry.
Which means: keep going.

If Xbox One ever taught you something....
Triforce is a pretty big name guy. If he says that he knows Nintendo is checking things out, then they're probably checking things out.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Michael McWhertor@MikeMcWhertor
Sakurai was unaware that SSB Melee was going to be at Evo until about 4 weeks ago. Said he wouldn't be able to attend an unofficial event.

LOL
not that I expected him to go, but it's nice that he finally found out about this? Except thousand of people tweeted him after the charity run... guess he ignored those tweets\didn't understand?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Michael McWhertor@MikeMcWhertor
Sakurai was unaware that SSB Melee was going to be at Evo until about 4 weeks ago. Said he wouldn't be able to attend an unofficial event.

LOL
not that I expected him to go, but it's nice that he finally found out about this? Except thousand of people tweeted him after the charity run... guess he ignored those tweets\didn't understand?

Most of those probably were English tweets, Sakurai can't read or understand English I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom