• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everything we know is a lie: Side B

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I was playing my brother and using side b to style on him and it hit his shield. O.O

I tested more and more. This is what I decided:

If a shield is low enough or in a situation where a characters body is exposed, side b will connect. However, the initial blast will usually not hit the person but hit their shield. The explosion from side by does a LOT of shield stun. It will break shields at a little below the half way point.

This is easier to do on platforms, getting the exposed area under characters feet. It's fairly easy to do on peach. It's also interesting on characters with bad shields like Pikachu and G&W. The move, if aimed correctly, will either poke or do shield stun.

The only potential use I see for this is as a mix up to confuse your opponent. OR! This is interesting. If you have your opponent's shield low and you're reading a roll, predict the direction. If you get it right and aimed correctly, you'll break their shield upon impact. If you go the wrong way, they most likely won't be able to punish.

Maybe this is common knowledge but it blew my mind O.O

Thoughts? I haven't experimented that much with it

<(Pixel)>

Smash Rookie
Nice find. This is completely new to me and I bet a ton of other people. This could be a super hype stylish read.

Last edited:

Sycorax

Smash Ace
If they roll and you miss, they can definitely punish in time.

"Windup on ground: 21
Windup in air: 31
Lunging portion: 25 (1-10 do damage)
land lag: 33
Air lag: 28"

N JA

Smash Rookie
I've definitely tech chased with side B on people who roll predictably. Gets people flustered.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
You know the peach board is in bad shape when you start seeing clickbait titles :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom