• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event Match Discussions

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Name: Impa's Defense
Characters: Impa (P1) & Zelda (CPU)
Opponent: Ganondorf
Stage: Ganon's Tower
Description: Without the Hero of Time, Ganondorf is unstoppable, or is he...
Objective: The player plays as Impa, and must defend Zelda from Ganondorf. Impa and Ganondorf both have "2" lives, but Zelda only has "1". If Zelda is KO'd, the Event Match ends in a "Failure".
Skill Level Notes: CPU opponents gain a launch resistance increase on the harder skill levels.
----------------------------
Name: Goroh's Ultimate Bounty
Characters: Samurai Goroh (P1) & Captain Falcon (CPU)
Opponent: Black Shadow
Stage: Galaxy Tours
Description: It's a bragging rights battle, as Goroh competes with his rival to snatch Black Shadow's bounty.
Objective: The player plays as Samurai Goroh, and his/her teammate is Captain Falcon. However, the player has to be the one who KOs Black Shadow to get a "Success". If Black Shadow SDs himself, or gets KO'd by Captain Falcon, the Event Match will end in a "Failure". If Captain Falcon gets KO'd, or SDs himself, it will not affect the Event Match.
Skill Level Notes: The ally CPU is way more relentless against Black Shadow on the harder skill levels.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I personally want a "sequel" to my favorite even match from Melee: Legendary Pokemon.
Name: Even More Legendary Pokemon! or maybe just Legendary Pokemon 2.
Character: Choose (one life)
Opponents: Jigglypuff (two lives), and six giant Fighting Whatever-they'll-be-called(one life).
Stage: Battlefield
Description: Even more legendary Pokemon are at your disposal!
Objective: After choosing your character, you're sent onto Battlefield with several giant Whatevers coming at you. They're at a fairly low difficulty level, however, so they will most likely not KO you, but you will notice that Jigglypuff is not fighting. It is instead waiting for a Pokeball to appear, and the second one does, it will make a run for it (the others can not pick up the Pokeballs). Being that the Giant Things are far to heavy to KO yourself, you'll have to get the Pokemon to aid you. From Articuno to Genesect, if it's legandary, and it can come out of a Pokeball (barring Mew, Celebi, etc), then it may appear; however, just like the original, there is a chance that a "dud" can appear. Wobbuffet has a fairly large chance of appearing as well, almost appearing out of every other Pokeball.
Skill Levels: The higher the skill level, the smarter Jigglypuff's AI will be, and the amount of lives it has will increase by one, starting at two. All of the opponents will also be considerably more resistant to being knockback.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
In melee, call me crazy, I really liked fighting on the trophies in order to get them. But I wished I could fight in those "stages" in multiplayer. I hope I might do that this time.
Also, call me purrvert, I wish the trophies to play onside will be, at least one, like this:

I'd really love to fight on the furry back and butt of the Adventures Krystal. While I think the real closest thing I will eventually get is to fight on the furry belly of the Queen Bee:

Which is also purrvert, but hey, it's no far than what Mario actually did in Super Mario Galaxy.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
Posting mine, and re-posting one of mine with more detail.

--
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Stage: New Mushroomy Kingdom, based on the NSMB series
Character you play: Mario
CPU characters: Luigi (Ally), Bowser and Bowser Jr.
Description: Well, you're both allies, but still you like competing... Get 500 coins before anyone else!
Mission: Collect 500 coins, but before anyone, including Luigi. It's a 2 vs 2 match, but each coin counter counts separately. If anyone gets 500 coins before Mario, you fail. Try thinking about the Bounty Hunter event match in Melee (where C. Falcon was your ally, but if he killed Bowser, the event failed), but a Coin match. Based on the fact that at the NSMB series, while there is Co-op, characters still "compete" for the highest score, getting the best item, among other things. And, in NSMB2, it will have a competition for coins, the main point of the game, even if you're playing co-op.
Skill Levels: The harder the level, Bowser Jr, Bowser AND Luigi get more aggressive. Bowser and Bowser Jr gets more aggressive towards you though, and they don't avoid much Luigi's attacks, making it more possible for Luigi get more coins.
--
All Star Match: Forgotten Heroes
Stage: Each stage from each respective franchise of characters said below
Character you play: Any
CPU characters: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game And Watch, R.O.B., Takamaru, Ness, Lucas, and any character that mostly only Nintendo fans know
Description: Finally they have they moment on spotlight! Defeat all those underrated fighters!
Mission: Like all All Star Match events, you have two lives, and each opponent has one. Also, you change stage each time you defeat a opponent. It's a All Star Match against all "unknown" Nintendo characters. I was going to put Pit, but he recently had a game for 3DS, so...
Skill levels: The higher the level, they're more aggressive.
--
Learn With The Originals
Stage: Any stage from SSB64
Character you play: any
CPU characters: All the original 12 characters from SSB64
Description: Those fighters have experience... Defeat them!
Mission: You have 3 lives (except on the highest difficulty), each one of your opponents has only one. Fight all twelve characters from the original SSB64, at a SSB64 stage (it will depend on which stage they put)
Skill levels: Higher the level, they're more aggressive. Also, on the highest difficulty, you'll only have two lives.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The doubles grand final... but this isn't tennis.
Plusle and Minun join the fight but things get nasty when they find out they're not the only duo on the fray...
Objective: Play as Plusle and Minun and defeat the Ice climbers, you have only 2 lives.
Stage: Pokemon stadium 3.
Changes with difficulty: 1 stock on easy difficulty, 2 stocks on normal and 3 on hard. You stay with 2.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grass-green unite, but only if they defeat the fire-red competition.
The mellow green guys face the fire of the reds, bring the greens to victory!
Choose between Yoshi, Luigi and Link. Face their counter-parts...
Fight against Diddy (for Yoshi,) Mario (For Luigi,) and, for arguments sake, Red-suit Ganondorf.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I shall defeat you!
Mewtwo strikes back... again. Defeat the mouse that hinders.
You're Mewtwo and you fight against Pikachu... 3 of them.
You have one stock like the Pikachu's, you must defeat them all before 5 minutes is up for your plan to succeed!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Name: Trophy Assist Assault
Character: Choose
Enemy: R.O.B.
Rules: The player, Both have 200HP. They can,t hit each other and the only way to hit is using assist trophie. In a very ODD way you can use more of 3 assist trophie at the same time depends of many people choose.
To Win: When the opponent reached 0HP or fall, YOU WIN.
Difficult: Rob Will always have 200HP in any Difficult.
Easy:200HP Normal:150HP Hard:100HP

This very similar in melee when pikachu and you can't hit you and they insist using pokeball, but I made myself a little bit retro like and the use of assist trophy in a more funny way and very hard. I hope they improved their A.I.

This is the best I can do.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Name: The Real Captain of this Ship
Character: Captain Syrup
Stage: Gangplank Galleon
Opponent(s): Captain Falcon, Captain Rainbow, Captain Olimar & Pikmin
Description: Avast ye! Seems that other "pirates" are trying to take over your ship. Make these tyrants walk of the plank and regret messing with you!
Objective: KO your enemies off the stage within the time limit (2 minutes). KO ratio is under 1 so its harder to KO the enemies. No items are on.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Name: I'M NOT AN ASSIST TROPHY!
Character: Little Mac
Stage: Boxing Ring
Opponent: Samus
Description: Assist Trophy? That's all in the past, show her who's wrong!
Objective: KO Samus!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Pitoo!?
Character: Pit
Stage: Uprising Stage
Description:
Pitoo: Will you stop calling me that?
Pit: No.
Pitoo: ARGH!
Opponent: Pit (Dark Pit alt.)
Music: Dark Pit Theme
Objecive: Stamina Battle. Pit: 120, Pitoo: 150

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Name:New Robot Master?
Character:Mega man
Opponent: R.O.B. , MK III and Sukapon.
Description: Is really Willy making fun of me or is serius about defeating me.
Objective: 3 Stock and every one have 2 stock each. The harder the difficult the harder to defeat them.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Name: Lost World
Character: Sonic
Opponent: Rosalina
Description: This hedgehog's been to space and back! Show this Princess that hard-earned experience!
Objective: KO Rosalina under 45 seconds, as Sonic is speed-based.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Name: New Kid on the Block
Character: Mega Man
Opponent: Mario, Sonic
Description: There's a new legendary fighter! Take down the two other legends
Objective: Defeat both Mario and Sonic.

Name: The Deadly Six
Character: Sonic
Opponent: Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, King Dedede, Wolf, Samus (wearing her Dark Samus costume)
Stage:Windy Hill
Description: There's a new team of villians! Take them down, Sonic!
Objective: Defeat all six characters.

Name: Regicide
Character: Waddle Dee
Opponent: Samus, Captain Falcon
Stage: King Dedede's Castle.
Description:There's a bounty on your king's head! Protect him at all costs!
Objective: Protect King Dedede until time runs out. If he get's KO'd, you fail.

Name: Worlds Collide!
Character: Mega Man (P1), Sonic (P2).
Opponent: Everyone else!
Description: Blue heroes unite! Team up and defeat all the Nintendo characters!
Objective: The grand finale of the co-op events. Defeat all the characters without dying.

Name: More Girl Power
Character: Takamaru
Opponent: Peach, Zelda, Samus
Stage: Lor Starcutter
Description: A group of femme fatales has dropped by for a visit...again.
Objective: Defeat the other characters. However, Takamaru is handicapped.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Name: Blue Brawl
Character:Sonic
Opponent: Mega Man
Stage:
Mario Galaxy
Description: Sorry Mega Man. If anyone's taking Mario down, it's me.
Objective: KO Mega Man under 1 minute.

Top Bottom