• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evening The Odds-Robin General Guide

Evening The Odds-Robin General Guide

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
LIQUIDFGC submitted a new guide:

Evening The Odds-Robin General Guide - Beginner to Intermediate guide to understanding Robin.

This is a general Robin guide describing how to use him, which means little to no specific move details, frame data, percentages, no info on custom moves, etc.

Overview

As Fire Emblem’s second newcomer, Robin brings a brand of zoning unique to himself. A chargeable projectile, temporary mine, health restoring move and projectile recovery give him a versatile moveset that can be tough to work around without smart prediction. Robin is not completely defenseless up-close, however, as...
Read more about this guide...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I know this is probably because I whine about it all the time but I wanted to mention that Robin's running speed isn't average; it's very slow. According to this thread, it's actually the slowest in the game.

Only other correction I have is in the second paragraph of Battle Strategy, you misspelt "Bowser Bomb" as "Boswer Bomb".

Guide looks good dude :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know this is probably because I whine about it all the time but I wanted to mention that Robin's running speed isn't average; it's very slow. According to this thread, it's actually the slowest in the game.

Only other correction I have is in the second paragraph of Battle Strategy, you misspelt "Bowser Bomb" as "Boswer Bomb".

Guide looks good dude :)
Really? That's news to me.

And derp. Last time I edited it was on an iPad. I'll get that fixed.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Maybe add some info on how you can pick up used tomes/swords and throw them as items? They travel quickly and kill pretty well. And definitely info on how the tomes/sword flashes to let you know you're almost out of uses. Finally, a mention on how arcfire comboes into another arcfire occasionally in addition to the others you mentioned.

Seems like a good start overall.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe add some info on how you can pick up used tomes/swords and throw them as items? They travel quickly and kill pretty well. And definitely info on how the tomes/sword flashes to let you know you're almost out of uses. Finally, a mention on how arcfire comboes into another arcfire occasionally in addition to the others you mentioned.

Seems like a good start overall.
About time a response came along.

I'll edit it in.

Lew Paue

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ponceman
3DS FC
4382-2004-7067
On the main guide page you should change the effect of Nosferatu, its very strange as you heal more damage the less they have and the more you have, if you are at 100 you can potentially go to 70, even 50 if you land it on a fresh opponent, otherwise i love the guide just think your not giving it justice. and i seriously don't know its equation for damage heal its really weird.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
On the main guide page you should change the effect of Nosferatu, its very strange as you heal more damage the less they have and the more you have, if you are at 100 you can potentially go to 70, even 50 if you land it on a fresh opponent, otherwise i love the guide just think your not giving it justice. and i seriously don't know its equation for damage heal its really weird.
Nice first post there, buddy.

I've never seen that kind of effect. I'd be happy to edit it in, but I want verification first. I'm not going to post misleading info, after all.

Lew Paue

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ponceman
3DS FC
4382-2004-7067
On training mode robin at 100% other at 0%
Game and watch from front damge 15% heal 40% back heals 48% same damage
same damage rate on Bowser assuming you land the full grab.
For fun Robin at max, and opponent at 0% from back 391% healed, and from front 326%.
I am usually aroud the 100 range when going against a good enemy when I take 1st stock, this tech only works if you kill 1st in for glory i heal around 30 if they mash out of the grab. but that can definitly save you for a while.sorry i dont know the equation, but real people will provide mixed results.

Top Bottom