• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Even with x4 weak to stealth rock, Bellyzard is still here!

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
A friend and I have decided to try to make a bellyzard team. Thus, I have created a rough draft of what the team would look like. But, I'm stuck at a wall. I really need some help for countering some stuff on the threat list while maintaining my status support. My main method of countering is using Forretress and T-Waving it or Tangrowth. Special sweepers like Azelf do a good number on the team. Rates and fixes would be highly appreciated.

Forretress @Lefties
Impish
252 HP 36 Atk 216 Def
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Explosion
Thunder-Wave

Starts out by using stealth rock. Can come back later to rapid spin other spikes, re-set stealth rock, or paralyze. Goes BOOM when it’s life is over. I was thinking starmie over it, but it looses thunder-wave support and Forry is much more durable.

Claydol @Lefties
Impish
156 HP 96 ATK 252 Def
Reflect
Earthquake
Explosion
Rapid Spin

Reflect support is very nice on this team, seeing as it helps Charry survive a physical hit. Earthquake is there for another attack and goes BOOM. Just like Forry.

Gengar @Black Sludge
Timid
252 SP.ATK 252 SPD
Hypnosis/Will-o-Wisp
Memento
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

I wanted some Memento support on the team with the ability to sleep or burn. This one fit the bill quite nicely. It has some offensive capabilities and versatility to both burn and kill something. Iffy on whether or not I want burn or hypnosis.

Charizard @Salac
Jolly
140 HP 112 ATK 52 DEF 200 SPD
Belly Drum
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

The heart and core of the team. EVs allow it to survive 3/4s of Heracross’s attacks with minimal damage. Close Combat barely makes 20% while megahorn and pursuit do about 10% or less. X4 weak against stone edge makes it sad though. Predicted EQs make it happy though.

Porygon-Z @Life Orb
Timid
252 SP.ATK 252 SPD
Scheme
Hyper Beam
Tri-Attack
Shadow Ball

Back up sweeper. With the status support flying everywhere, I decided to give this fellow a try. Tri-Attack kills everything. Everything else is left to shadow ball. Hyper Beam acts as an explosion that lets me live.

Tangrowth @Hot Rock or whatever it is.
Adamant
240 HP 80 ATK 132 DEF 52 SPD
Power Whip
Sleep Powder/Stun Spore
Sunny Day
Knock Off

I really like this set. Power whip takes care of Gyaradoses and Rhyperior. Sunny Day clears off sandstorm and/or gives Charizard a huge boost in Fire Punching. Knock off screws off a few pokes and sleep powder/stun spore gives MORE statusing. The powder I use will depend if I go will-o-wisp or hypnosis on Gengar. Maybe I could use leafeon for wish support.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that. I tried to think of a creative title and forgot to add R/f. xD

Added the rate and fixing part as the last sentence.

Top Bottom