• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe may see Brawl soon(er)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If you live in a European country, <a href="/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/2092137876_3a49b2e437_o.gif">this is how you may have felt yesterday</a>. (Warning: 3 MB .gif file!)

Today Nintendo has clarified that the release list does not contain all games as some do not yet have a solid release date.
<blockquote>“Nintendo also included some titles which were fixed for release beyond Q1 2008 such as Mario Kart Wii. All Nintendo software titles launching in Q2 2008 have not been finalised or confirmed to date.”</blockquote>
What does this mean exactly? That Brawl may or may not see a release of 6 months after its US counterpart. It isn’t confirmation of a quick release, but it wouldn’t hurt to keep your fingers crossed.

<!--more-->

Source: <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177125&amp;site=cvg">http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177125&amp;site=cvg</a>

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
Nice picture! I'm so saving it on my Photobucket!

And let's hope that they don't face a delay of the game. It hurts like the 10/2/08 delay of the game in the Americas, but not as much as theirs. Ouch. I hope Nintendo isn't mean to the people on Europe and at least lower their delay, seeing that formatting the game on PAL code is easier than it looks... if it wasn't for the fact that the game is going to have to be translated in many other languages, so that might be the reason why it's coming out so late, which sounds reasonble if you ask me.

Anyway, those were my two cents. First post by the way, but nothing to celebrate much.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOD! I realy hope we'll get brawl before summer (Or at june, doesn't matter). It would be so perfect for my vacation!

*Keeps fingers crossed* I reaaaally hope for brawl!

Thanks for the info, saved my day!

Blackadder

Smash Master
Arrrgh!
Chill, you're giving me heart attacks daily now!

Now I'm in suspence to see if Brawl comes out sooner than stated yesterday!

*Squee!*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
To me, this is either them going "om man, they're going to be bugging the hell out of us, better say something to shut em up" or, more likely "We just want to make it clear that we don't want you to think you're getting Mario art as early as Q2! Oh ho ho!"

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Arrrgh!
Chill, you're giving me heart attacks daily now!

Now I'm in suspence to see if Brawl comes out sooner than stated yesterday!

*Squee!*
Tomorrow NOE will announce that they will have a coin toss to determine which games are released first.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
I really hope this game will come out in February or March. I mean, Galaxy came out in Europe only four days after the American launch. And it has been translated into five languages.

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
I really hope this game will come out in February or March. I mean, Galaxy came out in Europe only four days after the American launch. And it has been translated into five languages.
That would be sooooo awsome! :)

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
I feel sorry for Europian and Australian Smashers, I really am, I can barely stand the fact I'll only get the game 2 weeks after it's first region release, and you might have to wait 6 monthes ><

How can anyone avoid spoilers for so long?! ><

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
It's impossible, LOL.
Also, I think the amercian version will also be delayed. Why did the european get delayed, anyways?
It hasn't been delayed. It didn't have a release date, anyway. Either, its date is undecided or it really does come that late (PAL Melee came 6 months after US Melee). Or the page provided fake information.

flalex05

Smash Rookie
Q2 isnt all that bad. (unless i'm wrong) Q2 is april,may,june. we'll have mario kart before that (i think) so not all hope is lost.

Top Bottom