• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Ricochet Odyssey - Game over! What awaits at the end of the Labyrinth...?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Pokechu has been playing you guys the entire game
Me, Alice, and Bard weren't the enemies. Pokechu was.
Just go watch Big Brother 19 to see what not to do during Ricochet.
You've given Pokechu the win, and you have to live knowing that YOU could've won.
My advice? Kill me and Bard, THEN go after Pokechu.

Am I Josh in this metaphor?

D

Deleted member

I don't know what you guys are talking about, making Pokechu win is my goal.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just sided with people who wanted to be friends this game, and then promised to be their sword and shield.

It’s what I did the last three games and I made it to the end/won 2 of them.

It’s just how I roll in these kinds of games. I could play a game as a sneaky liar but i’d rather be the honest good man who upholds himself.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
== Standard actions ==​
  • UtopianPoyzin shoots themself! Incoming shots will be reflected!
    • But nobody attacks Utopian... Utopian suffers 1 damage! (Shoot self [failed] = 1)
  • Ura shoots air.
  • Fire Emblemier shoots air.
  • Pokechu defends Red Ryu! Red Ryu's total damage is reduced by 1!
  • Thirdkoopa shoots air.
  • KickleCubiclist shoots themself! Incoming shots will be reflected!

== Active skills ==​
  • Landsknecht attacks Shish with Stunning Smash! Shish suffers 3 damage! (Stunning Smash (2) + Dead Law [Shish] (1) = 3)
  • Landsknecht readies Strike Chaser to prepare a reflection-piercing shot!
  • Landsknecht attacks giraffelasergun with Stunning Smash! But GLG's Grimoire Stone absorbs it!
  • Ninja uses Kagerou! A Ninja clone appears!
  • Ronin enters the Drawing Stance, and can attack two players! Ronin attacks KickleCubiclist and Bard!
    • But Kickle shot themself, so the damage is reflected! Shish suffers 1 damage! (Shot (1) + Dead Law (1) = 2 * Shoot Self (50%) = 1)
    • Bard suffers 2 damage! (Shot (1) + Dead Law (1) = 2)
  • Ronin enters the Drawing Stance, and can attack two players! Ronin attacks Pokechu and Shish!
    • Pokechu suffers 3 damage! (Shot (1) + Dead Law (1) + Wrath's Might (1) = 3)
    • Shish suffers 4 damage! (Shot (1) + Dead Law [Attacker] (1) + Wrath's Might (1) + Dead Law [Shish] (1) = 4)
      • Shish has been defeated!
  • Ronin enters the Drawing Stance, and can attack two players! Ronin attacks Bard and Maven!
    • Maven suffers 4 damage! (Shot (1) + Dead Law [Attacker] (1) + ATK Buff (1) + Dead Law [Maven] (1) = 4)
      • Maven has been defeated!
    • Bard suffers 3 damage! (Shot (1) + Dead Law (1) + ATK Buff (1) = 3)
      • Bard has been defeated!

== Item actions ==​
  • Medica was purchased.
  • Medica was purchased.
  • Grimoire Stone was purchased.
  • Pokechu uses a Medica to recover 2 HP!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Three Ronins in action? I did say things got dicey in this phase, after all.
Unfortunately, Ronins are actually pretty fragile, as we've just found out - two of them ended up dead!
And the cat finally had his day, too. Three players down in a single phase - now the heat is turning up!
There's a lot to take in in this phase. Luckily the next stratum is the perfect place to go for reading it all.
Just be careful, because the books here might be more gripping than you bargained for...

Medic | Ronin | Dark Hunter
|
|
|
  • CPR (4 TP): If your target suffers mortal damage while targeted by this, they survive with 2 HP. Can target yourself.
  • Caduceus (9 TP): Deals 2 HP damage that pierces reflection.
  • Immunize (15 TP): Reduces elemental damage by 90% for 1 phase. Except it's broken, so it actually affects all damage.
|
== Stance skills ==
Use these together with a standard action. You can use these for free in the phase following a successful air shot. If you use Drawing or Clear Stance after an air shot, you gain 1 TP.
  • Upper Stance (5 TP): +1 to damage dealt and received.
  • Drawing Stance (4 TP): You can attack two players in one phase.
  • Clear Stance (3 TP): Failed self shots incur no damage.
|
  • Drain Bite (5 TP): Deals 2 HP damage. Restores your own health by 1 HP.
  • Bait (6 TP): For 2 phases, if you suffer damage, deals 1 HP damage to your attacker(s).
  • Viper (4 TP): Deals 1 HP damage. Poisons the target for 2 phases.
    • Poison: Deals 1 HP damage for every phase you suffer from it - but if you shoot yourself successfully while poisoned, you suffer no damage and reflected damage is increased by 1 HP.

Ronin | Ninja | Harbinger
|
|
|
== Stance skills ==
Use these together with a standard action. You can use these for free in the phase following a successful air shot. If you use Drawing or Clear Stance after an air shot, you gain 1 TP.
  • Upper Stance (5 TP): +1 to damage dealt and received.
  • Drawing Stance (4 TP): You can attack two players in one phase.
  • Clear Stance (3 TP): Failed self shots incur no damage.
|
  • Izuna (2 TP): Deals 1 HP damage. Next phase, the target can't act, but also can't suffer any damage.
  • Kumogakure (4 TP): Deals 1 HP damage to yourself. For the following 2 turns, all non-piercing attacks targeting you will fail. Cannot be used if your current HP is 3 or lower. Does not protect you if you use Kagerou.
|
  • Toxic Reap (4 TP): Deals 1 HP damage. Poisons the target for 2 phases.
    • Poison: Deals 1 HP damage for every phase you suffer from it - but if you shoot yourself successfully while poisoned, you suffer no damage and reflected damage is increased by 1 HP.
  • Temporal Shroud (9 TP): Attacks targeting you are reflected and deal +1 damage.

Landsknecht | Sovereign | Arcanist
|
|
|
  • Strike Chaser (7 TP): The next time you attack someone with an Active skill, you can also deal a shot to a different player dealing 1 HP damage, which pierces reflection.
  • Stunning Smash (5 TP): Deals 2 HP damage. Can target two people if you made a "<EO character> for Smash" support post in the thread during the previous phase. Why? Because imagine how stunned Smashboards will be when the Protector gets announced for DLC and you get to say you called it.
|
  • Attack Order (4 TP): Increases the damage of the target's standard attacks by 1 HP for 2 phases.
  • Guard Order (4 TP): Decreases damage taken by the target by 1 HP per hit for 2 phases.
  • Ad Nihilo (14 TP): Deals 3 HP damage to all players you have used Attack/Guard Order on. Disables Royal Veil permanently.
|
== Circle skills ==
Circles may target three players and are active for the phases during and immediately after they are used, or until they take effect. If those players perform the action associated with the Circle, they will suffer its effects. You can have one Circle active at a time.
  • Snare Circle (2 TP): Blocks players attempting to defend others.
  • Chaos Circle (7 TP): Players attempting to shoot themselves will instead hit another random target with a shot that pierces reflection.
  • Hood Circle (6 TP): Blocks players attempting to use skills with a TP cost.

== Active skill ==
  • Dismiss Blast (4 TP): If you used a Circle skill in the previous phase, dismisses that Circle to deal 1 HP damage to each player targeted by it.

10th Stratum - Echoing Library
----------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the 10th Stratum (Phase 10)!

The phase ends ~23 hours from now (10pm UTC, 10th February). You must have your actions submitted before then for them to count!

Maven89 Maven89 @Shishœ BarDulL BarDulL UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Ura Ura Z25 Z25 Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Pokechu Pokechu Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa KickleCubiclist KickleCubiclist giraffelasergun giraffelasergun

Current Status

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
landsketches are bullies :[ who knew drawings in the ground could be so mean :///////////

I SURRENDER

in honor of my fallen husbands...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m so confused at what actually just happened.

What the....?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
That Landsknech that attacked GLG and Shish is up to no good!
Yeah, they started makin' trouble in my neighborhood! They got in one lil' fight and their mom got scared, saying "you're movin' with your auntie and uncle to Bel-Air." They begged and pleaded with her day after day but she packed its suitcase and sent them on their way! She gave 'em a kiss and then she gave 'em their ticket; they put their walkman on and said "I might as well kick it! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
ok guys scratch that one yall dying....

i say one yall cuz i know moy moy wont kill me... I voted for her twice ;)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
== Standard actions ==​
  • UtopianPoyzin shoots Fire Emblemier! Fire Emblemier suffers 1 damage!
  • Ura shoots air.
  • Fire Emblemier shoots air.
  • Thirdkoopa shoots air.
  • KickleCubiclist shoots themself! Incoming shots will be reflected!
    • But nobody attacks Kickle... Kickle suffers 1 damage! (Shoot self [failed] = 1)
      • Kickle has been defeated!
  • giraffelasergun shoots Fire Emblemier! Fire Emblemier suffers 1 damage!

== Active skills ==​
  • Ronin enters the Clear Stance, allowing them to shoot self without suffering damage if the self shot fails!
  • Sovereign relays the Attack Order! Until the end of next phase, the affected player's attacks deal +1 damage!
  • Ninja uses Kagerou! A Ninja clone appears!
  • The effects of Kumogakure end for Thirdkoopa! Thirdkoopa suffers 1 damage as recoil!

== Item actions ==​
  • Amrita was purchased.
  • Grimoire Stone was purchased.
  • Red Ryu uses a Medica to recover 2 HP!
  • The Analyser was used to investigate the parties of Ura, Z25, and Thirdkoopa!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I suppose it was too much to expect this phase to live up to the excitement of last phase.
Can't blame Kickle for wanting out of this one.
As for the rest of you? This next stratum is ideal - because nothing happens here!
So I'd suggest you get on with it before the Owl Beasts catch up to you.

Landsknecht | Arcanist | Harbinger
|
|

11th Stratum - Tutelary Forest

Welcome to the 11th Stratum (Phase 11)!

The phase ends ~22.5 hours from now (9pm UTC, 11th February). You must have your actions submitted before then for them to count!

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Ura Ura Z25 Z25 Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Pokechu Pokechu Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa KickleCubiclist KickleCubiclist giraffelasergun giraffelasergun

Current Status

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Suicide is never the answer. Not even in an RPG.
I say that half jokingly and half seriously, because as much as I'm glad that you played with us, just don't sign up if you plan on shooting yourself to death. In any other game, your playstyle would have been considered recklessness. But we are playing ricochet, and you consciously killed yourself because the game wasn't going in your favor or something, idk. If you don't want to play, then don't sign up. If you did want to play but changed your mind later, tell Moy so she can sub you out for someone else. The game isn't fun if every single player knows exactly what you are going to do each phase, in your case it was shooting yourself until you inevitably die.

Top Bottom