• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Ricochet Odyssey - Game over! What awaits at the end of the Labyrinth...?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
== Item Results ==
Kickle: 1 (Alice)
Utopian: 1 (GLG)
Alice: 2 (GLG, Kickle)
Maven: 1 (GLG)
Bard: 1 (Kickle)
Red Ryu: 2 (Utopian, Shish)
GLG: 3 (Utopian, Red Ryu, Shish)
Pokechu: 3 (Red Ryu, Shish, Maven)
Thirdkoopa: 1 (Red Ryu)

With 3 votes, giraffelasergun giraffelasergun and Pokechu Pokechu win the Afterimages! The third winner is decided by RNG between Red Ryu and Alice, and the winner is... Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma !

Hmm. I wonder how this one will turn out? Might be interesting... probably not, though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
== Standard actions ==​
  • Maven shoots air.
  • Shish shoots air.
  • Ura shoots air.
  • Fire Emblemier shoots air.
  • Pokechu shoots air.
  • Thirdkoopa shoots air.
  • KickleCubiclist shoots themself! Incoming shots will be reflected!
    • But nobody attacks Kickle... Kickle suffers 1 damage! (Shoot self [failed] = 1)
  • giraffelasergun shoots himself! Incoming shots will be reflected! But...

== Active skills ==​
  • Ninja uses Kagerou! A Ninja clone appears! But...
    • The Ninja clone vanishes due to taking too much damage, and uses Nikudan to attack Bard in the process! Bard suffers 1 damage!
  • Harbinger uses Toxic Reap to harvest Bard's vitality!
    • Bard suffers 2 damage! (Toxic Reap (1) + Poison (1) = 2)
    • Bard is poisoned!
  • Landsknecht uses Stunning Smash to attack Red Ryu! Red Ryu suffers 2 damage!
  • Gunner strikes out, all guns blazing! Ricochet!!
    • giraffelasergun suffers 1 damage!
    • ... but Shish shoots air, nullifying piercing attacks!
    • ... but Pokechu shoots air, nullifying piercing attacks!
  • Medic uses CPR to revive Bard!
    • Bard survives fatal damage, and is restored with 2 HP!

== Item actions ==​
  • The Sagittarius Shot strikes Bard's empty hospital bed!
  • Bard uses the Grimoire Stone to strike at Red Ryu with Shield Rush! Red Ryu suffers 2 damage!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hey, have we got a doctor in the house? This poor cat's been turned into a pincushion.
...We do? Great, get them over here quickly! ... Ah, there we go. The cat should last a little longer now.
I was hoping to see some fireworks from that Ricochet attempt, but looks like that fizzled out pretty badly.
Ick. That phase was a mess to sort out.
But if you're feeling a bit lost in all this chaos, it's nothing compared to the jungle you're about to enter.

7th Stratum - Primitive Jungle
----------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the 7th Stratum (Phase 7)!

The phase ends ~23 hours from now (10pm UTC, 7th February). You must have your actions submitted before then for them to count!

Maven89 Maven89 @Shishœ BarDulL BarDulL UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Ura Ura Z25 Z25 Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Pokechu Pokechu Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa KickleCubiclist KickleCubiclist giraffelasergun giraffelasergun

Current Status

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
A special item is available!
Today's item is the Alchemist's Treatise!

Alchemist's Treatise: For the phases during and after you use this, you receive money equal to your TP spent.

To vote for a player to receive this item, simply post Vote: <player> in the thread. You can't vote for yourself, and you can't remove or change votes once they're cast!​

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
shoots air, nullifying piercing attacks!
Wait, so shooting air nullifies piercing attacks? I always thought that piercing attacks go through no matter what, hence the name piercing. So this is pretty much shooting an arrow at a target but the arrow just phases through and doesn't collide UNLESS it passes through (or you know "pierces") a piece of paper first on the way to the target.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait, so shooting air nullifies piercing attacks? I always thought that piercing attacks go through no matter what, hence the name piercing. So this is pretty much shooting an arrow at a target but the arrow just phases through and doesn't collide UNLESS it passes through (or you know "pierces") a piece of paper first on the way to the target.
Basically I felt that piercing shots needed to have some sort of counterplay and not just be an instant win button, so I added that in. Shooting air is usually a null action, but that doesn't mean there can't be things like this thrown in to spice it up a little. :p

I'd probably visualise it as being like, you predicted the shot coming, so you just got out of the way when it arrived.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Basically I felt that piercing shots needed to have some sort of counterplay and not just be an instant win button, so I added that in. Shooting air is usually a null action, but that doesn't mean there can't be things like this thrown in to spice it up a little. :p

I'd probably visualise it as being like, you predicted the shot coming, so you just got out of the way when it arrived.
So for most cases, normal shots are better than piercing shots. I've always interpreted piercing shots to be a surefire way to get a hit off, but ah well.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Besides spite, do you guys have a strategic reason for voting Pokechu? Surprised y'all aren't playing for yourselves. Pokechu is clearly going to take Shish to end game, and Pokechu has been given like 15~ en on top of still having 9 hp.

Do you honestly consider me a bigger threat than Pokechu at this point of the game?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you dont know what I'll do, or who I "clearly" will take to endgame

Take a seat, Barney

You have now voteblocked BarDulL!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It is strategically a poor choice at this point in the game to be giving items to a player that has been:

1. Handing out Sovereign buffs like candy.
2. Has been given 15~ En (which is pretty dumb but whatever)
3. Still at full HP
4. Has already won items

And you're like 100% taking Shish to end game lol, don't even try to deny it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It is strategically a poor choice at this point in the game to be giving items to a player that has been:

1. Handing out Sovereign buffs like candy.
2. Has been given 15~ En (which is pretty dumb but whatever)
3. Still at full HP
4. Has already won items

And you're like 100% taking Shish to end game lol, don't even try to deny it.
can't I take them all to endgame? nothing's saying I can't. yeah only one of us can be first but if the whole fanclub lives we're all winners aren't we???? and by that point it's just friendly competition so no sweat off my back they can stab me and I'd help them

and I haven't been given 15 en, sorry. my sovereign buffs also shouldn't have anything to do with it because I'm handing them out, not receiving them... the only offense I've done the whole game is shoot you for 1 HP damage. whoop de doo

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Besides spite, do you guys have a strategic reason for voting Pokechu? Surprised y'all aren't playing for yourselves. Pokechu is clearly going to take Shish to end game, and Pokechu has been given like 15~ en on top of still having 9 hp.

Do you honestly consider me a bigger threat than Pokechu at this point of the game?
Pokechu has told me he would propose if he and I are the final 2

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
can't I take them all to endgame? nothing's saying I can't. yeah only one of us can be first but if the whole fanclub lives we're all winners aren't we???? and by that point it's just friendly competition so no sweat off my back they can stab me and I'd help them

and I haven't been given 15 en, sorry. my sovereign buffs also shouldn't have anything to do with it because I'm handing them out, not receiving them... the only offense I've done the whole game is shoot you for 1 HP damage. whoop de doo
oh I stand corrected my bad

I also used shield rush on you for another 2 damage.... but 3 damage in like 7 phases LOL last phase I didn't even submit an action either

Top Bottom