• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Essential Advanced Techs

Dedemaru

Smash Rookie
What are the need-to-know advanced techniques for Brawl? I understand there are a lot out there and some that aren't of use. What are the most used, most need to know advanced mechanics that I should learn?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Brawl's really not all that technical. Beyond stuff that your character specifically takes advantage of like chain grabs, there's not much at all.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Brawl's really not all that technical. Beyond stuff that your character specifically takes advantage of like chain grabs, there's not much at all.
Disagree with this. I maybe a PM player but back in January I was still playing Brawl religiously and I can say that Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Snake, Peach, Falco and to an extent, R.O.B are technical characters.

Especially the first 3. Highly technical. Yes they have their easy mode tactics too, but all of the easy mode ones are not viable at high level play. Diddy Kong has his single banana infinite which probably requires just as much dexterity as double double/triple/quadruple/quintiple/X amount of JC shines. Don't get me started on Ice Climbers. Snake is also highly technical, and what makes him a bit different from other tech heavy characters is that he is also extremely mental as well.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
These arent essential but there are universal techs like RAR, B-reverse, Wavebounce, Platform Cancelling, Platform Loop, Pivot Walking, Sticky Walking, Flash step, Sheild Drop, Air Dodge item drop, Instant Throw, DACUS and Glide Toss to an extent (semi character specific), might have missed some. All other techs are purely character specific.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hopefully Smash 4 will be this way too.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Disagree with this. I maybe a PM player but back in January I was still playing Brawl religiously and I can say that Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Snake, Peach, Falco and to an extent, R.O.B are technical characters.
character specifically takes advantage of
There is some technical stuff in general that was mentioned in one of the above posts, but most of that doesn't see much use.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Hopefully Smash 4 will be this way too.
Good fighting games test both physical and mental ability in my opinion, but thats another story. I think Brawl is good because top Brawl play is highly technical at times. But its a bit slow unfortunately, and MK/ICs/Diddy/Olimar always win lol.

Top Bottom