• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Esport studies

c1gar

Smash Rookie
hiya

Does anyone have any experience with esport studies at University.

Any ideas which universities are considered 'good' for esports.

Thanks

Richard

Last edited:

Leventisra

Smash Rookie
Esports studies are becoming increasingly popular, and it's fantastic that you're considering this field. When it comes to universities, some institutions have excellent programs for esports studies.
However, if you're open to exploring different educational opportunities, you might find the 1-year cinematography course from https://www.praguefilminstitute.cz/1-year-cinematography-course/ intriguing. It offers a unique perspective on the world of filmmaking, which can be both creatively fulfilling and professionally valuable.
So, keep your options open and explore what aligns best with your interests and goals.

Last edited:

rachelgrace

Smash Rookie
I've heard that some colleges and universities have such a degrees, but to be honest, I don't remember which ones.
But I'm curious, is there really a need to study for so long?

ryanrich

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I think that something like esports does not need a full degree. There are a lot of different courses which can help you to earn something.
But the practice and skills are what matters the most, so I think it's not about a degree
But I may be mistaken. I'm also interested in esports but I'm getting a degree in finance. It's hard, but with the help of some sites, resources, and also https://edubirdie.com/do-my-assignment I manage to keep my academic performance high, and when I have free time, I play, practice, and so on. Maybe I'll have a chance to try myself in esports later, but I'm still convinced that such sphere doesn't require a degree.

Last edited:

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
experienced esporter here.

much like how business majors are people paying 70+ grand to learn essentially 'profit = revenue - costs', e-sports is largely 'win = kills > deaths'

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
experienced esporter here.

much like how business majors are people paying 70+ grand to learn essentially 'profit = revenue - costs', e-sports is largely 'win = kills > deaths'
It's more nuanced than that. You don't know what you're talking about. People like you really p me the f o sometimes. I'm praying on your naive downfall. (squishes you)

Top Bottom