• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escaping spacie combos

Birdsnest

Smash Rookie
-FALCO-

1) What way should I generally DI the shine and the following dair
(Ive been mixing up the up and towards di and down and away di on the shine and trying to Di so that I wont land where falco lands on the dair)

2) In the situation where falco knocks me down in the corner of the stage and he is centre stage and I just teched and he comes in with lasers, what should I do?
(This question is more about being cornered vs falco)

-FOX-

1) After fox does a waveshine and I know that he wants the grab, what should I do.

2) Where should I di foxes upthrow and upairs?

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
DI to the side for upward combos against fox if you’re not playing Luigi(my main) and fastfall back to the stage. Learn to tech waveshines early and use it to avoid cheap grabs.

Chiripp

Smash Rookie
Against falcos pillars sdi out generally covers the most. There are situations where you want to sdi towards/behind him but focus more on away/forward.

Against fox waveshine the most reliable thing to do is probably sdi away from him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom