• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escaping Sheik's F-Tilt Lock?

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I use Wolf, one of my friends retaliates by using Sheik and catching me in an F-Tilt Lock. It racks up a lot of damage and he usually ends up sending me flying with an U-Smash. I've tried doing a lot of things to escape it, like DI'ing away/up or using Wolf's shine (for its counter-like quality), but usually they don't help because I'm still in hitstun (yes, there IS hitstun in Brawl) while he constantly pounds me with more and more F-Tilts. What's the best way for me to get out of an F-Tilt Lock? Or is it just impossible? :(

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
Whenever I use Wolf, one of my friends retaliates by using Sheik and catching me in an F-Tilt Lock. It racks up a lot of damage and he usually ends up sending me flying with an U-Smash. I've tried doing a lot of things to escape it, like DI'ing away/up or using Wolf's shine (for its counter-like quality), but usually they don't help because I'm still in hitstun (yes, there IS hitstun in Brawl) while he constantly pounds me with more and more F-Tilts. What's the best way for me to get out of an F-Tilt Lock? Or is it just impossible? :(
di towads sheik and i think there are other threads on this in the um sheik fourms

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
If you are really low precents you can DI down and get shield in to stop the next ftilt. Once ur like 30% sh i think u have to DI towards shiek.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
From my experience, you don't even need to DI early on, just hold the shield button so that when you land on the ground you shield the next one.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
In response to most posts, I am assuming that his wolf is caught in the into the second or third tilt before he realizes that he is screwed. Therefore, shielding after the first hit isn't a viable option. I suggest going to training mode against a lev9 cp and seeing what they would do in this situation. I find that mashing for a Nair sometimes interrupts sheik's tilt spam.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
If there is enough time to hit reflector I'd assume that that would work.

If you try to escape by other means, the sheik probably had enough time to do all the damage he/she could.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
You need to be ready for it. Once you're above a certain percentage, something like 35%-60%, there's nothing you can do...you're stuck.

...however if you are still at low percentage, you DI TOWARDS sheik as she starts the tilt and you'll end up on the other side of her, in which case I suggest a Quick reflector for spacing. Other then that though, DI away and spam airdodge for when you finally do escape. to try and avoid the follow ups.

Top Bottom