• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escaping mario chain grabbing.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
...aside from reatreating to the edge or trying to land on a platform - isn't there a way to escape mario's up throw chain grabs by DI'ing correctly?

Haven't practiced it too much. Just wondering if anyone knows.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha its impossible dan, you know that its true. unless eggz messes up, you land on a platform, or go off the edge, you are getting chaingrabbed. to bad for dannyboy XD

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Take that cocky guy down!
Mindgames outside of the game is the only way, other than that, or him screwing up. Just let out a big one, then he'll most likel mess up.

takieddine

Smash Master
you can DI and button mash out of it, you can slight DI to throw him off and quickly shine out...but it isnt like marth's throws where he sends you very high.. soo yeah...good luck with that(dont get grabbed!)

iankobe

Smash Lord
Just DI out when you are at high percentage...but he probably won't grab you when you have high percentage of damge.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
The only thing I would suggest would be to mix up your DI directions, and hope he screws up.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
If you are at 0% and you get grabbed, DI away and it will be harder for Mario to grab you again, other than that be defensive and try not o get grabbed EVER by anyone.

Eggz

Smash Hero
On my first upthrow at 0% Dan, DI behind me, and its impossible for me to grab you (although I will just dsmash techchase grab)

Aside from that, you either wait until I get bored with CGing, or combo you to death.

Dont get grabbed.

Top Bottom