• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Marths Chain grab? O_o

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh I was just watching superdoodleman Fight Marth. This one point he was getting chain grabbed by Marth. Then within the chain grab He F-smashed Marth to stop the next grab. Now I assume he DI away from it to pull it out and the Marth was not fast with the next grab attempt. So I was thinking, is it possible to DI away when getting grabbed then after Jab marth to stop him dead in his tracks? Cause at low damage Peach does not tumble to the floor, thus, the chain grab begins. So I was wondering can I sneak a Jab in to stop him from the chain grab while I DI away. Even If Peach was to DI it and not get grab, she wont really take advantage of that cause some would just roll behind Marth when near the edge. So I think the best way to deal with it is to DI away and right when you land, Jab Marth to stop him and ether grab him after the jab or whatever you wanna do after. What do you guys think of this. Is it possible and a good idea to so call counter his chain grab?

Here is the vid where he did it. with his F-smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1FFPnxwXIg&mode=related&search=

1:13 is when he did it.

EDIT- I got a closer look at it and the Marth missed the grab, he was not close enough when he grabbed Peach. But I wanna know if the DI to jab (then whatever you wanna do after) can be done. Im gonna try it at a tourny tomorrow to see.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
u have to DI away and up i think...(not positive) or u can just DI away i think itll leave u out of marth's next grab or at least u are able to do sumthing b4 he can grab u again

if u DI and up and away i think u can float out of the grab into a FC attack or just DI completely away and run away i think

lolz sry not too sure bout myself.... :(

the f-smash too me looks coincidental i think it happened by accident because he tried to DI the throw u can do anything out of it thats wat it looks like to me idk

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
DI down and away to get to the ground as fast as possible. (EDIT) if put into in-air roll, wiggle out and fast-fall to beat him to a neutral position. However, I'd much rather use a jab than a forward smash so that it comes out faster. Another way to escape it is DI away and airdodge away ASAP so that his grab wiffs. However, if the Marth times the chaingrab perfectly, I think it's near impossible to get out of it, you'll just have to hope for a mistake.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Slight update on technique, I'm imagining (haven't gotten the chance to test this) if you're ever put into that "roll" state in-air from one of his throws, instead of try to tech it, wiggle out and air dodge either away or towards him to escape or go through his grab or smash rather than giving him the opportunity to hit/grab you again or techchase.

EDIT: Since his forward throw sends you forward and slightly up, you can try DIing on the perpendicular up and behind him so that he has less of a chance of grabbing or smashing you before you can jump, nair, or airdodge out.

Top Bottom