• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

escapable chain grab??

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
i second falco and i was playing with my cousin and he uses snake...wen i chaingrab him he somehow pulls out a grenade and stops the chain because of the explosion...im just wondering, am i doing the chaingrab too slow or is snake pulling his nade out a way to escape it?

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Pulling out of the nade can be used to escape it earlier. For snake, it is simply just him mashing b for the best.

What's letting him take it out so quickly might be the timing of the grab, as according to snake matchup tread in their boards, a perfectly timed grabs can prevent nades ever dropped.

If so, I suggest walk forward+grab, instead of the easier dash grab. It also makes you no trip since you are not running, but wyou would move a lot less (to the edge).

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Snake is on of few that can get out of Falco's CG easily, when he pulls out a grenade, your next down throw will detonate it, hurting both of you, you'll only get him to about 20% max

wangston

Smash Lord
I get snake to about 35% before he can drop the nade. I walk and grab. It's more grabbing then walking but it's fast enough to get him. Also put yourself in the 4th slot so that when the nade explodes he flys up in the air and you stay on the ground.
If you are grabbed by Falco, expect to be taken all the way to the nearest edge and spiked with the dair. If this happens mash B while you are being grabbed so that you may be able to get a grenade out to mess up the chaingrab. This will not work against Falco's with perfectly timed chaingrabs, but it does work well against those who have not yet mastered the technique.
That is direct from the Snake matchup guide against falco. It was once thought that the nade would get Snake out at 19% but if you time it right you're going to get him all the way across the stage and spiked.

Top Bottom