• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Error Code 86420

_Mar_

Smash Cadet
I need some help, for the past couple of weeks I have been receiving this error code not only with the anyone option but also when I try to play with friends. I have been trying to fix it, I have been all over the nintendo site, I have called nintendo and they were never able to help me. I usually used a wired connection but just recently I tried using my brothers wireless connection and it didn't really help either. I have a feeling this is a cable problem because about 2 weeks ago cable went out and then that is where I think I started getting the error code. The weird thing is I'm able to play people I have played before but I'm not able to play new friends. I plan on calling my cable company soon, but I really don't know what to say. Do I ask them to reset my internet or do I ask them to add my Wii's IP Address to our connection list. If you have any ideas on how to fix this, please please tell me I would greatly appreciate it!!

H!volt23

Smash Rookie
what router do you have? Is it a netgear brand? IF SO you will have to either reset your router and disable its firewall or use your cd to disable the firewall. I had the same problem.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
on nintendos website it says that 86420 means their servers are busy. i looked it up a few months ago. nintendo sucks at making online games. except for mario kart

_Mar_

Smash Cadet
Yah well it shouldn't be doing that with friends though. Also I think it is linksys I'm not positive but I don't think my router is the problem I think it is cable, I just don't know what problem my wii is having with cable. It could be that comcast doesn't like what I'm doing so then it boots me or it could think my wii is a virus for all I know.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
Yah well it shouldn't be doing that with friends though. Also I think it is linksys I'm not positive but I don't think my router is the problem I think it is cable, I just don't know what problem my wii is having with cable. It could be that comcast doesn't like what I'm doing so then it boots me or it could think my wii is a virus for all I know.
i have comcast and my online works. so i dont know why its not working for you.

_Mar_

Smash Cadet
I have no idea, but I still think it is cable because I had a storm and cable went out in my area and ever since it went out I have been getting this error.

Top Bottom