• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic Mickey 3 and Junction Point Studios gone Turbo

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Today Junction Point Studios that create Epic Mickey,Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two and Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion was shutdown causing Epic Mickey 3 to be cancelled due to the commercial failure of Epic Mickey 2. The reason I said gone Turbo is the video game term for Jump the Shark.

finalark

SNORLAX
I never played Epic Mickey 2, but seeing how Epic Mickey 1 played like something out of 1998 I'm really not surprised.

Also, you might want to go look up what Jumping the Shark means.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought going turbo meant they crossed into another game.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
it is but I use it as a video game version of jumping the shark.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They didn't jump they shark

Jumping the shark means pulling some kind of extreme gimmick, desperately trying to gain attention.; An iconic moment when you realize a show has gone down in quality.

Unless Epic Mickey 2 was REALLY gimmicky, or extremely lower quality than the original it wasn't really jumping the shark

finalark

SNORLAX
When I first heard "went Turbo" in Wreck-It Ralph I thought that they were referring to Super Street Fighter II Turbo =/

Anyway, not making enough money to stay open =/= jumping the shark. Jumping the shark is when a creative effort goes out of it's way to do something extreme to get people's interest again, like Sonic going all dark and gritty and completely abandoning what made Sonic what it is in Shadow the Hedgehog. A game simply sucking, like the Epic Mickey games, is not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I first heard "went Turbo" in Wreck-It Ralph I thought that they were referring to Super Street Fighter II Turbo =/

Anyway, not making enough money to stay open =/= jumping the shark. Jumping the shark is when a creative effort goes out of it's way to do something extreme to get people's interest again, like Sonic going all dark and gritty and completely abandoning what made Sonic what it is in Shadow the Hedgehog. A game simply sucking, like the Epic Mickey games, is not.
Yeah, I also thought they were referring to street fighter 2

I thought they were making a joke at Capcom for all their releasing the same game over and over with a slightly different title

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
Epic Mickey 1 was good, but it really felt like they dumbed down Epic Mickey 2 and made it too easy.

Top Bottom