• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic Gamer - Brawl Plus Showdown

TenZeRo7

Smash Rookie
Epic Gamer Productions presents:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl+ Tournament
Date:
May 18th, 2011 (3rd Wed. of every month)
Time: 5:30pm - 8:30pm: Arrive early for registration and warm-ups. We will be able to accept registration throughout the first round of gameplay.
Location: Frank & Son Collectible Show (amazing venue! - check the link)
19649 San Jose Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91748
Link to map

Entry fee: $7 ($3 Venue Fee - $4 Cash Pot Contribution)
Payout:80/20 percent ratio to 1st & 2nd Place Respectively
Match rules:
- 4 stock/8 minutes
- Double Elimination
- 1 vs. 1
- No Items
- Stages:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise

Side matches: will be allowed pending time, number of entrants and interest.
Notes:
- Bring your own controller if possible.
Beside aforementioned ruleset all other rules conform to MLG standard for Brawl (ie. No use of Metaknight’s Infinite Cape Glitch, etc.). Rules may be discussed and modified as EGP deems acceptable.
Complete details and updates at:
http://www.EpicGamerProductions.com

Pictures of previous events:

TenZeRo7

Smash Rookie
The last tournament went awesome...thanks for the support. I should be able to post pictures in the next couple days. We had a great turnout and the competition was intense. The next one will be even better because we lowered the price, made it best of 3 matches and are doing double elimination. You really get a lot for your money.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lulz, no point to Brawl plus for much longer with Project M coming out, who the hell is honestly gonna play it?

The Melee players won't like it cuz its not Melee, the Brawl players will feel like it degrades Brawl.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why would you post such a discouraging post in this thread?

If they enjoy the game, let them enjoy the game. There isnt much point to playing? Brawl+ is vastly different from P:M.

Jeez. wtf is wrong with you.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I used to feel the same way as you, and I ardently defended the game for a long time... but I have yet to meet any smasher that would either support or pay money for a B+ tourney. I've also smashed with quite a variety of people, and none of them played for long before demanding we pop in Melee or switch to vBrawl.

I'm even facing the same predicament now with the Project M demo.

TenZeRo7

Smash Rookie
lulz, no point to Brawl plus for much longer with Project M coming out, who the hell is honestly gonna play it?

The Melee players won't like it cuz its not Melee, the Brawl players will feel like it degrades Brawl.
Well we had about 50 heads show up for our very first B+ tourney and they all keep asking me when the next one is so it seems like there's plenty of people who want to pay to play. I'm a hardcore Mele player and I love B+. Here's a link to some photos we took of the event http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1691153366470.2084494.1466821056

Thanks for the support Neko.

Slashy

Smash Lord
This is pretty awesome, and it is nice to see that a Smash Mod other than Project:M having lots of hype. (Though I've since played Brawl Minus in the time after Brawl+'s completion)

How far of a drive is this from Santa Monica or San Francisco? I am going to see my siblings and I might come to this.

:phone:

TenZeRo7

Smash Rookie
This is pretty awesome, and it is nice to see that a Smash Mod other than Project:M having lots of hype. (Though I've since played Brawl Minus in the time after Brawl+'s completion)

How far of a drive is this from Santa Monica or San Francisco? I am going to see my siblings and I might come to this.

:phone:
It's about 45 min. from Santa Monica and about 10 hours from San Francisco, Lol.

Top Bottom