• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Englands finest: Rareware 007 James Bond for Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
So I was browsing did you know gaming, and was shocked to hear that the Rareware's James Bond was actually considered being added to the original SSB...

So I started thinking, what would Bond be like if he were to be a playable character, and it eventually evolved into a full list of moves, skins, and smashes possible with the secret agent...

So lets skip the foreplay a get on with it...

Bond Biography:

Originating from novels created by author Ian Flemming, James Bond is a British naval officer involved in espionage involving the former Soviet Union, he is a chain smoking, heavy drinking, ladies man with the up-most dedication in the mission. His popularity soared when movie maker MGM decided to incorporate him into a full fledged feature film, called Dr No, based on one of Flemming earlier novels, Bond has since been though many iterations with many different actors. His gaming career started during the development of a new Bond series, starring Irish born actor Pierce Brosnan, MGM took to the gaming studio, Rareware to develop a game based on the upcoming movie. The game was a smash success, becoming one of the biggest selling games for the Nintendo 64, and set a new standard for console based shooters around the world. James bond has since spawned many games, and was for a time, the staple of FPS on the home console, most of which were big sellers on the Nintendo list.

*Please note that this is the Rareware bond, which Nintendo still holds the rights too, I believe that this Bond can still be relatively easily added onto the roster without having too many trademark issues.

Moveset and statistics:

I have designed Bond to be a sort of Snake-like Character, relying on gadgets and CQC-training to take down opponents rather than super powers, however, unlike Snake, bond is a medium-light weight character which uses much fast, more mobile attacks (Many of snakes attacks either require him to stand still, or have a long window of attack.), and has a much more opportunist playstyle....

Big list O' attacks:

A: a "Slapper" style karate chop akin to the Goldeneye 64 one
A,A: another Karate chop
A,A,A: Two chops followed by a hook, mild knock-back.
A side: Bond thrust kicks his opponent knocking them sideways.
A up: A long hook from Bond, slower but further reaching than "Slapping"
A down: An elbow from a crouching Bond, aiming to try and trip the opponents

Side Smash: Bond crouches down and thrusts forward with a combat knife, slashing the opponent
Down smash: A Judo style Low kick, dealing mild damage, but knocking back and tripping up the opponent.
Up smash: Bond pulls an AK out of nowhere and swings the rifles butt upward. Fast and high damage, but short range

Air: bond does an aerial chop
Foward air: Bond thrusts out with the back end of an AK
Down air: bond kicks down
Up air: Bond swing upwards with a knife

Grab: bond grapples opponent with with Judo style armlock, and holds out opponents face with his elbow
Grab A: Bond swings at opponent with his elbow
Grab Back: Bond swings opponent around and smashes his back with a butt of a rifle
Grab forward: Bond saps opponent with his tazer phone, and sends opponents flying with a rising uppercut
Grab up: Bond throws proximity mine though opponents legs and thrust kicks him/her in the stomach, causing him/her to fall butt first onto the mine. The explosion sends the opponent upwards.

B: Bonds shoots a bullet from his silent PPK, for some reason the bullets are all tracers, has almost no cooldown, but has an arc much like Johnny Cages projectile attack, limiting it's range, and Bond much reload every few shots.
B forward: Bond throws a remote mine, another B forward detonates it with his watch, unlike snake there is no large delay window with both the planing and detonating of the mine, however the mine uses the classic Goldeneye 64 "Rolling explosion" which is easily avoidable unless you have to detonate it right under the opponent or he/she has to run into the slower explosion to take damage
B downward: Bond does a jump kick to one side, the jump kick avoids all projectiles and explosions.
B upward: Bond shoots a grappling hook from his watch, the angle of which depends on the users input, if it hits a solid object, it sticks on to the object, and quickly pulls him towards it, if an opponent, he/she is dragged towards bond quickly with a mini-stun in affect.

Final smash: Golden gun, activating the final smash, bond pulls out inconspicuous items and assembles them into the famous golden gun, his next B attack will be him firing the sole bullet from the golden gun resulting in a OHKO if hit, much unlike Shieks arrow. However unlike Shieks arrow it can only hit one opponent, but can be holstered indefinitely for later use.

Taunt: Bond does his trademark pose with his PPK and says something witty
Side taunt: Bond pulls out a Maritini from nowhere and says "Shaken, not stirred"
Down taunt: Bond plays with his watch, making the gadgets inside go haywire....
Up taunt: Bond contacts Mi-6 stating that the mission is over....

Templates:

Default: Casualware, Bond suits a lightweight dark blue tuxedo and tie much like the one Brosnan always wore when playing Bond.
Alt 1: Dinnerware, Bond suits a heavier Black Tuxedo set and a Black bowtie over a white collared shirt.Bond wears this in the multiplayer maps...
Alt 2: Jungle clothes, Bond wears a short sleeved green shirt and khaki pants, also sporting a khaki vest for holstering ammunition clips.Seen on the jungle level
Alt 3: bond wears a long sleeve black shirt and pants, and dons a lightweight kevlar flak jacket like the one he wears on the facility level...

Levels:

I've actually got two, one for the 3DS version and one for the WiiU version:

WiiU:

Cradle: Bond fights on top of the cradle like he famously did in both the goldeneye stage and games, it freatures a full wire platform from end to end, above, ruined pieces of scaffolding are scattered and can be used as platforms, underneath is the small dish Bond and Alec famously had their battle on. During a timed battle, as time goes on the cradles mechanics will malfunction and cause explosions which shake the stage, becoming more violent the closer it reaches zero, during the last 3 seconds of the match the support will fail, sending the cradle plummeting to the ground.

Possible music from the Goleneye soundtrack:

-Cradle (obviously)
- Firgate
- Silo
- Control
- control X
- Dam X

3DS:

Severnaya Satellite station: the big dish which was the primary objective in the "Surface" levels, characters fight on the roof of this towering building (there is no ground to land on) complete with blood red sky, white leafless trees, sniper guards watching from their distant towers, and Mi-4's and Mig-23's flying in the background. The radar dish will slowly rotate from one side of the screen to the next, allowing for the bottom of the dish, and the antenna fork to be platforms for a time, every so often there will be a dish is powered up/down moment where it will stop or start moving again, rarely there will also be a small explosion/fire in one of the lower compartments, and a "dish comms has been destroyed" where it will stand still, and not move again for the entire map.

Music from the goldeneye soundtrack:

- Surface I
- Surface ll
- Runway
- Runway X
- Streets
- Streets X

Easter eggs:

-VA: Pierce Brosnan (I CAN DREAM HAROLD!)
- If bond we're to get knocked off stage, rather than him crying out in pain Have the chip-tune Goldeneye hit sounds added instead!

Yeah I know Bond has a very, very slim chance to get in, but hey, one can dream.

To do list: Get photoshop (or someone who knows how to photoshop) and add some pics to help explain templates and movesets.

D

Deleted member

Did You Know Gaming got their information wrong.

James Bond was never in consideration by the developers for either 64 or Melee; he was one of the top 10 fan requested characters on Sakurai's pre-Melee character poll.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah this is more than just unlikely. its impossible bro. and no Nintendo didnt retain the rights to Rares depiction of Bond

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
GoldenY is right here.

Whoa, never thought I'd see the day I would say this.

Should probably go hide in a bunker for the incomming meteor showers...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
1) Like GoldenYuiitusin said, DYKG got that information wrong

2) Even if it was true, there are plenty of things preventing him from appearing: First, James Bond originated in a 1953 novel, not a video game (and characters MUST originate from a video game). Second, Nintendo no longer has Rare or the 007 license for YEARS now and I severely doubt Nintendo will even consider renewing either of them.

There's a good reason why the Motion Sensor Bomb item removed all GoldenEye 007 appearance and references in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I'm expecting this to get locked. DYKG got it wrong, and not to mention, James Bond is impossible (not even just unlikely) as it is.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If they did add James Bond, I would want it to be the Goldeneye 64 Pierce Brosnan version. That game is still one of the best games on 64 (I would only put Ocarina, Major, and Mario 64 ahead of it).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
James Bond uses guns so he can't be in. /sarcasm & joke

But everyone else in the thread said it all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Though I understand the reasons, I don't like how they've had Daniel Craig in the more recent Goldeneye remakes instead of Pierce Brosnan. But yeah, this belongs in the impossible characters thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom