• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emulator probs? please help

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
So I recently got into ssb64 competitively and also recently got a PC to play it online and I'm having emulator problems, well not emu problems but controller problems.I got an adapter and connected my n64 controller, I went to devices and printers and then calibrated it but not sure if I did a good job.During the calibration there was a section where it said "z axis " and "z rotation" I wasn't sure what these were so I just clicked the c buttons up and down and left and right.When I go into project 64 input settings I set everything except the C buttons, I click them to set them but they do not set ? They don't even recognize them when I'm pressing them.I hope this isn't confusing ....
So basically my problem is I can't set the C buttons everything else works.
Please help!
oh I've only played a few matches but if anyone would like to play I'm game, just have to tap jump for now witch sucks.

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
re-calibrate and don't touch c-buttons when you do z-axis. use analog stick
And for Z rotation>?

which adapter, and which controller plugin are you using?
This is the adapter I am using:- http://www.ebay.com/itm/201110542152?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Plugin? what do you mean what plugin>?

adapter= http://www.ebay.com/itm/May-Flash-N...a&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=201110542152&rt=nc second link so you know what the box looks like

Last edited by a moderator:

caneut

Smash Ace
you shouldn't have to calibrate any buttons, just the stick. if you move the stick and the calibration bar doesnt move just hit next.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
for mayflash, you have to do calibration again. For some reason the mayflash reads c buttons as axises, so what you'll have to do is calibrate again and press the c buttons during the Z rotation and w/e.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
mayflash's adapter is ****ed up and actually maps the dpad as if it were the c-buttons. The n-rage plugin should still be able to map it properly, it'll just listen for whatever input the c-buttons send. If they're not sending anything I guess either run the windows calibration again or click the 'reset to default' button on the properties tab or whatever. I think it maps the analog stick to x and y +/- and the c buttons to z +/- and then z rotation. It's all kinds of ****ed up but n-rage should be able to handle it anyway.

The dpad is mapped to pov hat and then also like buttons 8-11 or something. Clearly that should be c-buttons.

Top Bottom