• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Empty Fuel Double Jump Up-B Boost?

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Apparently if you have no fuel as ROB and perform an aerial, at any point after you can double jump then buffer an Up-B to reach considerably higher up than if you don't buffer the Up-B. It's actually almost as high as jumping from the stage and using your double jump. I can see this as being pretty useful in those last ditch attempts to get back from under the stage when you've run out of fuel (while possibly needing to attack too) and have saved your jump but would otherwise be out of range. It's also quite quick with a notable speed boost over when you do have fuel. As a bonus, ROB reaches up during the whole animation so you get them sweet magnet hands.

Is this fairly well known? Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
In Rivals of Aether, Orcane has something really similar, but I haven't ever heard of it. Nice find.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
After some testing, I believe that this is the case. It's kind of hard to tell, though. I can't find a good way to accurately test it.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
I went to omega hyrule castle and used the brick pillar on the left to compare. The bricks make it fairly easy to see roughly how high you're going. I would then try to do the boost as close to the ground as possible, or about a brick high. I could then compare the difference to other jump heights.

Top Bottom