• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eh........ so marth....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I have been hearing that marth was shid for months.... but today allwhat im seeing is marth ****** everyone on streams

The dude is all but weak...

Just saying

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have been hearing that marth was shid for months.... but today allwhat im seeing is marth ****** everyone on streams

The dude is all but weak...

Just saying
So the TV Tropes pages goes: Weak, but Skilled. Marth's not a character you charge forward and hope for the best. He relies on precision and positioning. Similarly, Brawl Ike relies on timing, but since he's so strong, it was easy to just spam moves and win.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
All of the gameplay I've seen of marth has been all over the place. Same with Lucina.

Idk what to think until I get my hands on this game. Things are really weird. I feel like I'm in some twilight zone and don't even know how I got here.

TL?

Smash Ace
Really? From what I've seen he is still considerably nerfed like in the e3 version.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Actually I agree with OP but I don't want to make any final judgement until I try him.

False (who's pretty good at brawl) and Keitaro were over at Shofu's house and he was playing Marth and doing really well. In fact, I don't think he lost a single game or at least not while picking Marth. Marth has a lot of potential.

TL?

Smash Ace
Here's a pretty good video with some marth play in it:

It's just one match early in the game, but I think it shows that marth is still at least decent. I like the adaptation of using full hop fair to get around landing with it.

Last edited:

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
Everyone was very concerned about Marth's viability before release, but it all proved to be for nothing. Marth is very similar to his previous incarnations and his only viability changes will be as a result of the meta-game changes rather than the character himself. Which is a good thing, most characters seem widely buffed in Smash 4, but Marth was already very solid. Lucina might also be the preferred character, but I still feel Marth will reward spacing more than Lucina, while Lucina will be more content with close-combat.

gigio2000

Smash Rookie
I got a jp 3ds with the full game, also i`m a marth main since melee, what I can say about him is that he plays different. Instead of comboing to death, he is more like Ike (in a way). His f-smash is stronger (when tipped), his aerials are stronger, also his horizontal reach like up-tilt and up air are bigger, but his sword size is smaller. What can I say, I like this Marth, this way of playing suits him well. He is not a non-stoppable frenetic comboing and spacing machine, but a calm and tactical sword fighter

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
He's still incredibly solid. You play him exactly the same as you played him in melee, the only difference being you have to be a little closer and he sometimes has better options now than what you're used to using in certain situations(them being above you being one)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I got a jp 3ds with the full game, also i`m a marth main since melee, what I can say about him is that he plays different. Instead of comboing to death, he is more like Ike (in a way). His f-smash is stronger (when tipped), his aerials are stronger, also his horizontal reach like up-tilt and up air are bigger, but his sword size is smaller. What can I say, I like this Marth, this way of playing suits him well. He is not a non-stoppable frenetic comboing and spacing machine, but a calm and tactical sword fighter
Well that great News:grin:, People made it sound like he was horrendously bad, I can relearn how to play as him.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
Was watching VgBootcamps stream Last night and TkBreezy and another gentleman(can't remember his name) did a MarthvsLucina Battle. Marth Definately is still good in this game (So is Lucina who seems like she is what Roy SHOULD've been in melee). The match was super tense and showed some really fast gameplay.^_^. Most of the roster seems to be balanced so most if not all the characters seem viable so far(not so sure about Little Mac and Mega Man yet).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom