• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EH | Saiblade's Comprehensive Guide to Falco [WIP]

EH | Saiblade's Comprehensive Guide to Falco [WIP]

Oskurito

Smash Lord
This looks really promising, - I'll dare to say, maybe as good as ckit's guide for fox - definitively looking forward for the finished product. You might want to expand the intro's and stuff to give it a more professional look :p

Keep it up!

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
This looks really promising, - I'll dare to say, maybe as good as ckit's guide for fox - definitively looking forward for the finished product. You might want to expand the intro's and stuff to give it a more professional look :p

Keep it up!
Definitely will look it over and make it look better, thanks!

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
I would recommend adding to falco's cons that he is really slow running and walking speed and I would add that because he is good, many know the matcup really well making falco worse

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Heh, see your entire crew commenting on here just to give it a bad vote, but anyway, 90% of what you covered is explained by the fact that it is a WIP, I published this asap because people were asking me to, publish it, I really didn't want to but they wanted it, lol. As for the Laser stuff, arguable = debatable, so I have no idea where you're going with that. Thanks for bringing the little typo to my attention, I'll fix that asap. Unfinished means the same as WIP, not sure why you felt the need to bring that up either. About the Table of Contents, I really just put it in to give people a glimpse of what I have coming. "Stylish as it gets" is obviously an opinion. It seems to me you didn't read it all, because I said at the beginning that I am assuming that they are an absolute beginner, so the "what if people are just looking for Falco only tech if they already know basic tech such as wave dashing, L canceling, short hopping etc." is irrelevant. The character-specific tech Falco has will be included too. Not sure if I mentioned it, but I will be adding videos once I'm done with the text portion of it. Anyways, thanks for the review, hope you had fun typing out a wall of text for mindless self-indulgence.
1. "Heh, see your entire crew commenting on here just to give it a bad vote, " I have no control over what they do. And I think it's funny that when people give you 5 star ratings that's OK even though it's not finished. And someone from your crew gave it 5 stars trying to get the rating up even thought it's a WIP. But when somebody from other crew gives an opinion that's not ok.

2. "I published this asap because people were asking me to, publish it, I really didn't want to but they wanted it, lol." This is no excuse. Ok so why do you put this out as a "WIP" what's the point? You don't have to put this out nobody is forcing you. You're putting it out, people don't care if it's not finished you're going to get criticized for that.

3. "As for the Laser stuff, arguable = debatable" Ok that was a mistake by me i'll admit that.

4. "Unfinished means the same as WIP, , not sure why you felt the need to bring that up either." If it's a WIP (Work In Progress) and you put it out you're going to get criticized for it cause then what's the point of putting it out? You should not have put it up if it was not finished.

5. "About the Table of Contents, I really just put it in to give people a glimpse of what I have coming." Why would you do this? Why don't you just finish the guide first then put it out so people don't have to see what you have coming. And "I published this asap because people were asking me to, publish it, I really didn't want to but they wanted it, lol." is not a valid excuse you could have not posted the guide.

(And if somebody comes to a guide and it's not finished why would they wait for this guide to be finshed? Wouldn't they just go find an other guide?)

6. "I am assuming that they are an absolute beginner, so the "what if people are just looking for Falco only tech if they already know basic tech such as wave dashing, L canceling, short hopping etc." is irrelevant." You also said "For the more experienced people, I highly recommend you read this whole thread, but if you're struggling in certain parts of your game, go ahead and just read what I have on that section."

7. "The character-specific tech Falco has will be included too. Not sure if I mentioned it, but I will be adding videos once I'm done with the text portion of it." Ok once again why did you just not post this guide? Finish it then post it. You did not mention anything about adding videos.

8. "hope you had fun typing out a wall of text for mindless self-indulgence." I can't write a review? I was just being honest I did not do this for my own pleasure or anything I just gave my honest opinion.

9. ""Stylish as it gets" is obviously an opinion." You should clarify that better say "I think he's one of the stylish characters in the game" or something like that.

And I was being nice in the review. And the review was big cause I read the whole guide and I was trying to go over a lot of the things you said in it. Sorry if I came off the wrong way I was trying to be as professional and nice as possible.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
1. "Heh, see your entire crew commenting on here just to give it a bad vote, " I have no control over what they do. And I think it's funny that when people give you 5 star ratings that's OK even though it's not finished. And someone from your crew gave it 5 stars trying to get the rating up even thought it's a WIP. But when somebody from other crew gives an opinion that's not ok.

2. "I published this asap because people were asking me to, publish it, I really didn't want to but they wanted it, lol." This is no excuse. Ok so why do you put this out as a "WIP" what's the point? You don't have to put this out nobody is forcing you. You're putting it out, people don't care if it's not finished you're going to get criticized for that.

3. "As for the Laser stuff, arguable = debatable" Ok that was a mistake by me i'll admit that.

4. "Unfinished means the same as WIP, , not sure why you felt the need to bring that up either." If it's a WIP (Work In Progress) and you put it out you're going to get criticized for it cause then what's the point of putting it out? You should not have put it up if it was not finished.

5. "About the Table of Contents, I really just put it in to give people a glimpse of what I have coming." Why would you do this? Why don't you just finish the guide first then put it out so people don't have to see what you have coming. And "I published this asap because people were asking me to, publish it, I really didn't want to but they wanted it, lol." is not a valid excuse you could have not posted the guide.

(And if somebody comes to a guide and it's not finished why would they wait for this guide to be finshed? Wouldn't they just go find an other guide?)

6. "I am assuming that they are an absolute beginner, so the "what if people are just looking for Falco only tech if they already know basic tech such as wave dashing, L canceling, short hopping etc." is irrelevant." You also said "For the more experienced people, I highly recommend you read this whole thread, but if you're struggling in certain parts of your game, go ahead and just read what I have on that section."

7. "The character-specific tech Falco has will be included too. Not sure if I mentioned it, but I will be adding videos once I'm done with the text portion of it." Ok once again why did you just not post this guide? Finish it then post it. You did not mention anything about adding videos.

8. "hope you had fun typing out a wall of text for mindless self-indulgence." I can't write a review? I was just being honest I did not do this for my own pleasure or anything I just gave my honest opinion.

And I was being nice in the review. And the review was big cause I read the whole guide and I was trying to go over a lot of the things you said in it. Sorry if I came off the wrong way I was trying to be as professional and nice as possible.
sigh Criticizing me for putting out a WIP guide and saying it's not complete is foolish. We both know you're doing this out of spite, just like what you did on my stream. Once again, I posted the guide as a WIP, because people REALLY wanted me to, not sure why it bothers you so much. Lots of people post guides as WIP, and everyone loves it. I find it funny that you and your friend "Cheesestalker" are the only ones who complain about it being a WIP. All in all, I've logically and reasonably explained myself several times, and if you don't want to accept that, have a nice day.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, I like where you're going with this and I think we need a good falco guide. When will you be adding more content?

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Hey man, I like where you're going with this and I think we need a good falco guide. When will you be adding more content?
Soon, i've been caught up a bit in school and whatnot, but it's coming in the very, very near future.

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
sigh Criticizing me for putting out a WIP guide and saying it's not complete is foolish. We both know you're doing this out of spite, just like what you did on my stream. Once again, I posted the guide as a WIP, because people REALLY wanted me to, not sure why it bothers you so much. Lots of people post guides as WIP, and everyone loves it. I find it funny that you and your friend "Cheesestalker" are the only ones who complain about it being a WIP. All in all, I've logically and reasonably explained myself several times, and if you don't want to accept that, have a nice day.
No I was not doing this to be negative towards you. Did you see me insult or say anything negative in the review towards you the writer. I remember saying at the start

"This review is not based off bias or hate towards the writer this is my honest review of this guide. And I found this looking for Falco guides in the game Super Smash Bros. Melee."

And I was trying to be nice during it. "just like what you did on my stream" What? My friends go to your stream and they talk trash then they tell me to join in and I come in saying that I understand you changed and doing friendly trash talk towards you? I remember saying that I understand and I'm sorry for being negative towards you.

Ya cause it's useless to put out a WIP and "add on later" why would I wait for this guide to be finished when I can just go find an other one or a YouTube video. It still does not matter if people REALLY wanted you too. Still not a valid excuse once again you could have just... not posted the guide. "Lots of people post guides as WIP, and everyone loves it" can you name some? And saying everybody loves it is a pretty bold statement. "I find it funny that you and your friend "Cheesestalker" are the only ones who complain about it being a WIP" How many people reviewed your guide? Last time I checked, on 8/26/15 1:22 PM Pacific Time you had 4 so 2 people complain out of the 2 others that gave it 5 stars for no reason (one was from your own crew).

And also cause it's a waste of time to read or stay with the guide that is a WIP when you could just go find an other one and the others give 5 stars for no reason other then "it's a promising start". "I've logically and reasonably explained myself serveral times" Not really "I published this asap because people were asking me to, publish it, I really didn't want to but they wanted it, lol." "It's a WIP". These just sound like excuses.

With common sense you would understand why WIP would be an issue to a lot of people. Cause once again if I did not make this clear why would I waste my time waiting for new content when I can just go find an other one. But I understand that you don't take criticism and opinions easy so I'll come back when it's finished (if it ever gets finished) and talk about it then I won't be honest I'll just say everything good and nothing bad cause now I understand anything negative about it is false, and the writer will just debate reviewers (shows how he takes criticism). Have a nice day.

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Good news guys! I'll be starting to work on this a lot more as I'm getting more free time.

Top Bottom