• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGX bug crashing READ!

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Wow this client is great. However, it doesn't display some characters (like my double bars!) right. :(

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
it didnt say much but,"it will prevent future crashes"...wait...is that all it does???

Sensei

Smash Lord
For some reason, this thing will not connect to a server. I've done all the steps in the readme file. Is it because I am running on Windows Vista?

felix45

Smash Lord
@kirby - umm no there is a huge list of things fixed/added
here I'll just copy/paste them...

"Fixes:
Swap Gameroom
Message Packaging
Game Lag
Chatting
Drop Game
Login Error
Optional Callback Functions
Loading/Saving ini settings
Clipboard
Chat Limiter
Additions:
Chatroom Options
Gameroom Options
Kaillera Server List with menus
Anti3D Server List with menus
Recent Servers List with menus
Favorite Servers List with menus
Waiting Games List with menus"

I can say the larger chat window is a major plus as well. The new client takes getting used to but it isn't like it is a big deal that you have to learn where to click and stuff to join servers. having it all in 1 window and accessable all the time is a major plus too.

@sensei - No clue as to why it would do that. be sure when you get the server lists up you right click and choose refresh server list. I guess if it doesn't work just go back to the old client for kalliera, I know I dont know how to help really.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
For some reason, this thing will not connect to a server. I've done all the steps in the readme file. Is it because I am running on Windows Vista?
It's not Vista, I've tested it out already and it works fine. How are you trying to connect to a server? Like felix says, you need to refresh the server list. Alternatively you can just enter in the ip for the server.

I like the ad feature for your room, as well as the ability to switch between the chat in your own room and the lobby view function without quitting your game.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
the old one had like a list of servers so you didn't need to know the IP....
on this you have to put in the IP to get through...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does this do anything about blue screens of death that I sometimes get playing Project64?

felix45

Smash Lord
the old one had like a list of servers so you didn't need to know the IP....
on this you have to put in the IP to get through...
umm no you dont. you just weren't looking hard enough. when you open it up there is a button you can click that says "server lists" next to where you can enter the IP. when you get the server lists up you can just right click and hit refresh and all of the servers come up.

you just aren't looking hard enough is all :p

@wenbobular - you get BSOD when playing online?
I'm not sure about that but it is worth trying this one if you are getting BSOD from using the old kalliera client O.O

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I get the blue screen of death sometimes when playing OFFline too...so...
It always says something about...memory or something...then gives me a bunch of numbers...*shrug* If I remember next time, I'll try to take the numbers down...

felix45

Smash Lord
if that is the case all I can say is try running the least amount of applications possible.

maybe delete the PJ64 you have now and download it again?

only things I can think of that would help that.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
@ whap: The server list still exists like felix said. And it even loads many times faster. Quite the improvement.

@ Wen: Get more RAM. In the meantime run with the older gfx plugin.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Heh, more RAM...*shrug* it doesn't happen often but...eh.
And yeah, the new client is very cool. I can doubleclick to enter games now :)

Volrec

Smash Lord
Very cool, but some **** with packets always messes me up with this. It's a cool client, but I had to switch back to the new one.

It's very nice with all the new buttons and features, like doubleclicking, but it wasnt working for me.

Top Bottom