• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Effective grabbing: getting the most out of your chain grab

Triplehelix2.0

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! I'm an aspiring Falco user and have decided to compile a few tips about falco's chain grab to test my knowledge about him. If any of these are wrong, please correct me :p.

Getting a chain grab started
Depending on what kind of stage you are on, going for an opponent should be approached in different ways.

1. On flat stages like smashville of final destination, you should try to get in close and pressure them into making a mistake. They try to stay away from you, expecting the chain grab. Get behind them and hit them with the reflector, which will probably make them trip. This is when you tech chase them and... you can guess.

2. For stages with multiple levels, do not leave the ground. get under them and use your up-tilt and U-smash. They will be forced to drop to where you are. From there, follow strategy 1.

Other tips
1. Do not attempt to grab after an opponent after 45%. After some studying, I found this to be the golden number for most character (give or take a few, taking weight into account). After this, the opponent will be able to DI and use aerials. 45% is also about the same time a spike can end up killing the oppenent.

2. If you end up in a situation where you cannot spike the opponent before your opponent reaches the golden number, use an f-tilt or f-smash to space yourself and continue your regular strategy.

3. If you want to change directions in a grab, just simply roll behind the opponent and continue. It's risky, but they almost never expect it.

4. Tip 3 followed by tip 2 NEVER works

I hope this helps, and if anyone has any more tips, please post them ;).

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
Use Dair out of the golden number and tech chase there fallen ground position for maximum damage !

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Although If you shine trip after a CG, your opponent will probably be close to the edge, so a phantasm will be risky =/ (Phantasm SD ftl)

BEES

Smash Lord
Hyphen Smash out of the golden number and shoot them while they're coming down.

Lot of options really.

Top Bottom