• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Editing Stage Marks

Zilby

Smash Cadet
I've added quite a few stages to project M, but have been unable to figure out how to change any of the stages' marks.
(For those who don't know, the mark is the little symbol next to the stage on the stage select screen, eg: the egg on yoshi's island, or the metroid logo on brinstar.)
I do know how to change the SSPs and the names, but the marks elude me, and it's pretty awkward looking at Space Pirate Lab and seeing a DK mark next to it...

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
From another thread:
In the common5.pac go into MiscData[80] and go to the PAT0 animation folder. The PAT0 animation "MenSelmapPreview" should have 6 entries. "lambert113" controls the little series icons (DK) and "pasted__stnamelogoM" controls the game logos (Donkey Kong Country). Each frame calls a texture from the "Textures" folder in the MiscData[80]. You need to go into the textures folder, and find the name of the original texture (MenSelchrMark.02 for the DK icon) and the one you want it to display (MenSelchrMark.08 for Pokemon) . You then need to find the original in the PAT0 animation and change the texture it calls to the one you want it to display. You should see the original texture multiple times, because multiple stages use the same images. Use common sense to decide which to change. In this case, it will be the last MenSelchrMark.02 in the animation. After that, you need to do the same with the game logo. It will obviously have different texture names, but the process will be the same.

I hope that makes sense. I have a habit of rambling on too much.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Top Bottom