• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Editing SSS Pics/Names

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
I've been messing around with some stages on Project M (Hackless) as of late. The issue now, though, is that now the SSS previews, (Icons, pictures, names) are now misleading. For instance:

-Deleted P:M Green Hilll to bring the Brawl version back. (Still shows the P:M version)
-Moved Yoshi's Story Melee over Pictochat to bring Yoshi's Island Melee back (Island still shows Story and Story still shows Pictochat)
-Added a neutral Summit design (Still shows Brawl version)
-Added Luigi's Mansion texture to Dracula's Castle (Still shows DC texture)

I need help on editing the SSS stuff so that the previews can be consistent with the changes I've made. I have Brawl Box, but the amount of files present leave me completely baffled. Any ideas? :confused:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
SSS images really easy to change, and they are found inside of two different files in your SD card.

The first file to change SSS images is located in SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac

These are for Versus Mode and Training Mode. Go into sc_selmap_en\MiscData[80]\textures, and you'll see a big long list of all the stage files, such as previews, icons, names, and more. If you want to replace one image with another (i.e. turn Green Hill Zone's portraits back into their vBrawl versions), all you need to do is right click the file, select "Replace", replace the file with another image file, and there you go. Then you just rinse and repeat for all the other images you want to change. If you also want to change the images in the Random Stage Select screen, go into sc_selcharacter2_en\MenuRule_en\ModelData[0]\textures, and you'll see a list of item icons. Further down, you'll find more stage images. These will be the stage icons and Random Stage Select previews. You can change them the same way you did before.

The other place to change SSS images is located in SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\mu_menumain.pac

This is for changing your stage My Music images. You'll find the icons in mu_menumain_en\MiscData[0]\textures. There is another set of Random Stage Select images as well, which can be found in mu_menumain_en\MenuRule_en\ModelData[0]/textures. Just replace these images like the way you did before, and don't forget to save your file.

An importiant thing you want to keep in mind when replacing images is the format they are in. The small icons, as well as franchise logos (i.e. Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, etc) need to be in .png format. The larger previews and names need to be in .jpg format. If the images aren't in the right format when you replace them, they won't look right when you view them while playing.

XynZ

Smash Rookie
SSS images really easy to change, and they are found inside of two different files in your SD card.

The first file to change SSS images is located in SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac

These are for Versus Mode and Training Mode. Go into sc_selmap_en\MiscData[80]\textures, and you'll see a big long list of all the stage files, such as previews, icons, names, and more. If you want to replace one image with another (i.e. turn Green Hill Zone's portraits back into their vBrawl versions), all you need to do is right click the file, select "Replace", replace the file with another image file, and there you go. Then you just rinse and repeat for all the other images you want to change. If you also want to change the images in the Random Stage Select screen, go into sc_selcharacter2_en\MenuRule_en\ModelData[0]\textures, and you'll see a list of item icons. Further down, you'll find more stage images. These will be the stage icons and Random Stage Select previews. You can change them the same way you did before.

The other place to change SSS images is located in SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\mu_menumain.pac

This is for changing your stage My Music images. You'll find the icons in mu_menumain_en\MiscData[0]\textures. There is another set of Random Stage Select images as well, which can be found in mu_menumain_en\MenuRule_en\ModelData[0]/textures. Just replace these images like the way you did before, and don't forget to save your file.

An importiant thing you want to keep in mind when replacing images is the format they are in. The small icons, as well as franchise logos (i.e. Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, etc) need to be in .png format. The larger previews and names need to be in .jpg format. If the images aren't in the right format when you replace them, they won't look right when you view them while playing.
Hello, I have one problem
When I open the common5 file with brawlbox, it says null_pac which means that there is nothing
I dont know what to do
I have PM 3.6

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

This is from 2013.

The stage files were split from the common5 in 3.6b iirc.

Check for Selmap in other folders. On mobile so can't check the exact file for you sorry

Top Bottom