• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDIT : We now have one :D | Ventrilo server?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
For those who dont know what ventrilo (Aka "vent") It is a chat server using mic's and other things like that. Its often used for games like wow, lord of the rings, etc. But i was thinking it would be cool if we had one for ssb64/Kaillera. Maybe okaygo could add a vent server to the emularena server? Idk or we could use it sepret. It would be alot easyer and shouldnt lag since it is ment for games. One of the main reasons i want it is so i dont have to go to the chat box typing something like "OMFG WTF" or anything like that i could just say it. What do you guys think?

P.s. I spelled so many things wrong and dont care btw XP

UPDATE : Looking at the results it looks like we could have one. I now have a server so all you will need to do to connect is download ventrilo (Click here)

Install, Get ur username after that bleh bleh

Now under server enter the following information

Hostname ip : voice51.dallasxtreme.com

Port : 4185

Password : smashboards

Default channel : SSB64k

After that your connected and ready to go :D

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I personally hate the sound of my own voice, so I won't be in it =P

Sounds like a good idea, if it doesn't lag up the games.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
I've done this with Bawk a few times and plan on using Vent a lot more from now on. Usually we use some other game servers, but if we have a dedicated Kaillera one with channels for each game that would be cool.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Someone tried this ealier. In fact I think I remember seeing Moocow in the server.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
I actually wanted one for Perfect Dark Co-Op, but what are you supposed to say in smash brothers? Good game?

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I actually wanted one for Perfect Dark Co-Op, but what are you supposed to say in smash brothers? Good game?
Team games would be a lot more fun, and so would FFA games. 1v1 games are kinda cool with it too. Like you can complement on combos or D.I. and whatever to make it a more enjoyable experience. Flamers should be banned though.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
What does the Canadian accent sound like? Same as English just say "eh?" a lot?

EDIT: Who hosts this server? I get huge ping. Is it in Middle East Asia or what?

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
yes i agree

BTW you don't have to just talk about smash bros when you use it, you can talk about normal stuff too. unless smash is the only thing you talk about...
I don't care what you use it for if you want to talk about your normal life then be my guest. Just try not to crowd the server if it's full and you're not playing and someone else is playing but can't get in.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
What does the Canadian accent sound like? Same as English just say "eh?" a lot?

EDIT: Who hosts this server? I get huge ping. Is it in Middle East Asia or what?
I host the server and i live in missouri. Center usa. The ping on ventrilo and the ping on kailera are kinda different :S

Moocow007

Smash Ace
I don't care what you use it for if you want to talk about your normal life then be my guest. Just try not to crowd the server if it's full and you're not playing and someone else is playing but can't get in.
I meant while you're playing a game. Sometimes it gets real boring if you just play serious all the time, ya know? it's fun to chat while playing.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, it could be nice, but im a little skeptical because I already see all of the flaming that goes on ALL THE TIME on Kaillera. I think that while it would be nice to talk sometimes, a lot of the time I would rather just not hear what a 12 yr old d-bag tries to talk trash about. Plus, all you would hear me do is whisper explicatives b/c im at work...

_kSo_

Smash Master
I would totally use ventrillo more than I would actually play online. its fun to just chat with other smashers :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Nice sig boom, I actually own Mario Mix...
I guess I...might use this every so often.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Go figure. It's a good intro I guess...
And I just got on ventrilo for the first time today. Some dude kept breathing into his mic a lot when he talked and my mic wasn't working. Heh.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Vent is very interesting, I was on it last night with some MZ people (vex and kois I believe) and we had some fun in 1v1's. It was quite interesting indeed... Need more people on though. And we need more channels.

Top Bottom