• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgehogging is not gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Warning Received
Okay, so in Smash 3DS and Wii U there is a new ledge mechanic that makes it so that when one person grabs a ledge, if another grabs it after they will steal the ledge. This destroys edgehogging as we know it. But I'v found a way to edgehog. Keep in mind, its not as effective as before, and its harder to do (At least in my opinion).

So, what you do, is the second the opponent grabs the ledge, you steal it, knocking them off and you on. But from there, since they grabbed the ledge they'l get their double jump and recovery back. So what you have to do is instantly follow up with a back-air. (Or down-air, for heavy characters) You are pretty much defending the ledge. At least for now, I'm going to call this techniuqe Ledge-blocking. So, what about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom