• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge teching and such

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So I have been playing Doc pretty seriously for a few days now and one thing I am still unsure of what to do is. When you are recovering and you're fighting lets say a marth and on your recovery you do the ol' wall tech so you don't go flying and then you do the little wall jump thing what should I do afterwards because if I don't react quick enought the up-b doesn't make it and if I do it right afterwards I get f-smashed again?

Ronin686

Smash Ace
You could

A) Up B right away again
B) Air dodge onto the stage
or C) Just normal wall tech and not wall tech jump

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If I were in that situation, I'd just immediately up-B and just connect with maybe an f-air.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
You could

A) Up B right away again
B) Air dodge onto the stage
or C) Just normal wall tech and not wall tech jump
A) Hopefully grab the edge again and while Marth has lag from his Fsmash maybe edgehop Fair or something.
B) idk, you're facing the other way and won't grab onto the ledge, and might face another Fsmash when landing.
or C) Yeah, then FF and up-b to ledge while Marth has Fsmash lag.

They weren't bad choices, I just thought I'd add to them.

You might also be able to do a turn-around pill to occupy Marth while you FF->up-b.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
A) Hopefully grab the edge again and while Marth has lag from his Fsmash maybe edgehop Fair or something.
B) idk, you're facing the other way and won't grab onto the ledge, and might face another Fsmash when landing.
or C) Yeah, then FF and up-b to ledge while Marth has Fsmash lag.

They weren't bad choices, I just thought I'd add to them.

You might also be able to do a turn-around pill to occupy Marth while you FF->up-b.

..No... you can air dodge back onto the stage...

go to about 1:05, on my second stock

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iYiqlE5hle4

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Wall jump techs are never a good idea... unless you b-up again right away you NEED to tornado to recover, both leave you mad vulnerable. If it's an fsmashing marth, I do a normal tech and just fall down and get ready to tech again, until they mess up the tmiing. Unless it's a really good marth they tend to mess up after 3 or 4 teched smashes/tilts. I never b-up right away cause a well spaced marth will just smash you out of it depending on the stage. If I tech someone's dair I usually b-up right away again to pressure them away as they are generally always in range to get hit by it.

Top Bottom