• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge meteor hug?

El Drago

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but i have had this happen only a few times. I was practicing against 9 CPs (stupid broken wifi) and was practicing my thunder drop on people climbing back onto the stage from ledges. Once in a while it hits them at a bizarre angle (lets say they are on the right side of the stage) and it will force them to the right, and instead of consistently going right and falling off the stage, they cling and ROLL to the stage and curve down the edge and on the bottom of the stage until they reach a peak/edge then drop off into oblivion. They track along the stage as if they were being forced upward along the terrain. This happened for me in the 50-80% range (mostly lightweights tho, fox a lot).

Has anyone else done this or know how to do it consistently? I don't have a video capturing device (if anyone can reccomend an affordable way to get footage uploaded plz let me know) but as soon as i can i will do so.

I noticed that some stomps from capt falcon can send people towards the side instead of strait down. Maybe the execution is similar? When i get home from work i will keep messing around with it.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Welll I dont know about that. Sounds funky I might try this Tuesday since im having a Brawl fest at my house.

But there are no more Nipple Spikes for C. Falcon now they just send you to the side only his toes meteor now.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a replay saved on my wii of this occuring in a 1v1 I played with my friend who is an Ike player. Is there anyway I can upload it onto here?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
i've done this quite a few times... it usually happens when i SH his Dair and they're a tad bit closer to the stage then i am... i believe it also depends on their immediate DI

Top Bottom