• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Gamer.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Fooling around with Marth on the ledge causes me to get Landing lag returning onto the stage.
If you Dolphin Slash on the ledge to long Landing Lag. Ledge hop a couple of times Landing Lag. Is their an explanation on excatly how Marth gets landing lag on the edge?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Several characters' Up+Bs set a flag that doesn't turn off until landing. Grabbing the ledge does not count as landing.

Landing with an aerial does, though.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
From what ive noticed fast falling makes it worse. What I mean is if you edge hop back onto the stage (after up +b)without an aerial and ff as you land then Marth will do this crouching down type animation. If you dont ff then he just lags there standing and it doesnt take as long before being able to move. Im not 100% sure but I seem to remember this happening.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Several characters' Up+Bs set a flag that doesn't turn off until landing. Grabbing the ledge does not count as landing.

Landing with an aerial does, though.
Ive ledge dropped FAir the stage into a Dolphin Slash back onto the ledge multiple times. If you roll or stand on the stage you wont receive the lag until you jump. If you jump from the ledge onto the stage you receive the lag upon landing. I usally get it after hitting an opponet from the ledge though. Any explanation why?

Top Bottom