• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Bomb tech?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
So I was playing Legan....(sry i spend the first 2 round ******* around trying to figure this out legan)

anyway in the training room i discovered that if you have a bomb and your on the ledge you can drop down short hop and place the bomb right on the edge. The bomb ends up just sitting on the ledge waiting to explode while you hang from the ledge.

So far It has only worked on the online practice stage. I tried in the matches with Legan but failed. I also have not had the chance to test it in training mode.

I am wondering if this is just the stage or actually can be used in the game.

If it can be used in the game i could see possibilities for repelling edgehogs. you could drop the edgebomb and pull out another and throw it then get back on stage.

Just curious if any of you have discovered this.

If you have ever gotten hit while holding a bomb and it just drops to the ground. that is what I am talking about but I didn't get hit. I manually dropped it on the ledge.

New discovery??? Old discovery??? Only applicablle on certain stages?? or just a training stage thing??

Please feel free to discuss

Swordplay

Smash Lord
okay so i found what was happening. When link short hops hes foward half of his body extends towards the stage allowing you to drop the bomb. If you wait to long after this animation the bomb drops in the air.

Useful?? Also i discovered this works on battlefield and Final Dest. Other stages i haven't tested yet.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
This was known in Melee.. You can also lay a bomb on the ground if you z-dropped it as you land from a jump.
The timing was similar to an l-cancel, but probably slightly harder.
I found something very similar to this. It's a lot easier and you're not as vulnerable.
If you have a bomb, get onto the ledge, use the ledge jump (like x, y, up) and press Z as you get up, or mash it.
You'll lay the bomb down and you have more control over yourself since hanging on the edge is limiting dangerous for Link..

Oh yeah, this isn't very useful anyways.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I suppose but I cook the bombs so that if they try it explodes when the grab it. I have found it gives me space to recover off the edge...

Top Bottom